My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


Hope everyone enjoyed a fun-filled and relaxing weekend. It was pretty uneventful around here, but that's nice. The weather was a little gloomy for most of the weekend. But that didn't stop Jim and Ryan from attending a Civil War reinactment at Fort Kearny. The men wore Civil War uniforms, had canons, and even had a soldier with part of his finger missing (doubt that it was war related). I think Ryan the cannons were some of the coolest things he had ever seen. Since 4th of July (see here) is one of Jim and Ryan's favorite holidays, I am not surprised he had the time of his life.


The weather finally got a little warmer Monday afternoon, so we took the kids to the pool and a barbeque. We are so excited to have a full summer with our club's new pool. It opened up last year, but not until mid-June. I am looking forward to afternoons of lounging by the pool with the kids.

This doesn't really have anything to do with Memorial Day other than that I took the picture today, but I just had to post it. Her sweet little face is just too cute!!! Love ya sweet Alex!


GO SPURS GO!!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Okay is Alex just getting cuter by the day? We miss hanging out and doing holiday things with you guys!!

You definitely celebrated Memorial Day just like you should have. I don't think I have ever done anything of that nature except for being in a parade when I was younger. Have a good night!

p.s. Doug went with the FJ--you can bet he will be doing the Toyota jump tomorrow or Wednesday :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Jenny- So exciting for Doug! Can't wait to see it.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Looks like a great day! That picture of Alex really is adorable!

9:28 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I linked to your blog thru Donna's. It looks like you had a nice Memorial day! What a darling picture of your daughter!

5:57 AM  
Blogger donna said...

What a fun day you had. I so want to get in that pool. Can I come for a visit??




Alex is way cute :)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

How cool to go to a Civil War re-enactment! Some of my favorite weekends are uneventful...sometimes we just do too much!
What a darling little girl! She is so beautiful and what a sweet pose!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

What a fun holiday! I didn't know they had a re-enactmedt of the civil war in NE. We used to live in Omaha and would have loved to see that. How fun for your husband and your little one is just adorable!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh Alex is SOOOO cute!!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home