My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

SPT Treasured Item

Self Portrait Tuesday

this week's challenge is to show & tell one of your most treasured items. the catch is (YES, there is a catch)... it must be smaller than a deck of cards!




This is a picture of one of my most treasured items. Jim bought me this ring in December for our 10 year anniversary. Not only do I think it is absolutely gorgeous, but it also is a daily reminder to me of all that we have been through in our 10 years of marriage and how blessed we are. We have gone through medical school, moved 1,000 miles away from home, bought our 1st home, orthopaedic surgery residency, gave birth to 2 children, spine surgery fellowship, sold our home, moved back home, bought another home, joined a practice. But most of all it reminds me of our continuing love for one another and how that love only gets stronger year after year. Sappy sounding, but so true! Thank you honey for my treasured item.

12 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Beautifully said B! Your ring is gorgeous. I am so glad you finally posted it. :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger donna said...

Very beautiful. I love the color.

What a wonderful treasured item :)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Beautiful ring! It is a wonderful treasured item.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I love it. It is beautiful and so are your words. Great treasure. Jim dun good!!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

What a wonderfully beautiful treasure! And I love the romantic feelings you get from it!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

What a beautiful ring! I love the blue in it.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Nice bling! It's so great that you experienced all of that as a couple and that you have this tangible reminder of those first 10 years! Here's to many more! :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

It's beautiful! Is it a sapphire? Oh, I can't wait for significant gifts that we can afford at milestones!

5:18 PM  
Blogger sista # 2 said...

Like your SPT post! Very cool milestones to be proud of!wow.Love the ring too! -ciao

6:20 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Beautiful! Sapphires are my favorite, my original wedding ring was saphires because I like them best.

7:57 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

that is a beautiful ring. what a great love story you have!

10:32 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

oh and my engagement ring is a sapphire so i am partial to sapphires, too! :)

thanks for the sweet note and cheery magnet,by the way. seriously, you spoil me! :)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home