My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

SPT Easter

for tuesday, april 10th: in your easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it...



I made the mistake of not reading the SPT for the week before the weekend. For some reason, I wasn't very good at taking pictures this Easter. I took some of the kids, but none of me. Maybe it was because of the weather. I am so tired of the cold. At least Sunday was sunny, but it was still cold. I had to put tights under Alex's dress. Just not as cute.

Being Catholic, Easter is a very big deal in our house. We would always get together with my parents' siblings and their children. What I remember most is the Easter egg hunts we would have a my Grandma Bothe's house. It was this big old house with lots of nooks and crannies. My cousin Tracy and I searching all over the house for our baskets and eggs. We always had so much fun.

This Easter was pretty low key. We went to Mass and then my parents, Jim's parents, and his brother and his wife all came to our house for our Easter meal. We had a huge spread of turkey, ham, biscuits, salads, mashed potatoes, and 3 different desserts. Also, Jim's brother's birthday is Wednesday, so we celebrated that as well. We had a very nice, relaxing day. Hope everyone else has a special Easter.


Alex and Ryan finding their Easter goodies


This is the best shot I could get. No one wanted to cooperate.


Celebrating Jim's brother's 25th birthday.

16 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

Your kids look adorable and it sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day. I also failed to read the challenge before Easter so I feel your pain about the photos.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Glad you had a nice Easter! Your kids look so cute and it sounds like your feast was fabulous!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds like a great day, so fun to have all that family close.

Your kids look great. If that's not cooperating then I can't wait to see a picture where they did!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

A fun day with family is the best. The kids look so cute even if they weren't cooperating.

11:58 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

Does anyone ever want to cooperate? I still say they turned out fine. My kids sure don't unless I bribe them with candy.

We had a nice relaxing one too. Even better to have a birthday celebration thrown in the mix. I'll call you soon.

12:01 PM  
Blogger donna said...

What a wonderful post.
The pictures are great and the dinner sound so YUMMY! I am coming to your house next Easter:)

1:27 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

I did not take many pics and no family pics on Easter. Sad but true. You are not alone!

Your family day sounds fun though and yummy food.

Your comments on my GF post, as well as my spt, are much appreciated. i am glad that my post could help in any little way. i am glad i posted it-- i almost didn't.

Glad to hear that Easter was a good one with you family.

ps- i am SICK of cold, too! :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I did the same thing, but I hope when blogger will let me post my picture there is one of me on the hunt with my kids.

Your day sounds very relaxing.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

maybe next time you will get a picture of yourself in those adorable bunny ears!!

glad to hear it was family time.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

cute pictures!
Don't worry, I didn't get any good Easter shots either. My kids took their clothes off the instant we walked in the door from Church!!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm with Donna...I'll be joining you for Easter dinner next year - yum! The pictures are adorable...I love that your daughter looks like she's trying to get away from her brother - so cute!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

The kids look cute. I think it is harder to get Easter shots because they are all keyed up on sugar. Mine were so squirmy.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

I'm with you on the lack of cooperation for pictures! Glad you had a nice Easter.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Your kids do look awfully cute. I hope your Easter was grand.

10:35 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Love the bunny ears. Glad you had a good Easter weekend.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love looking at your pictures-you always have cute ones to post! Love the easter ears! I am glad that your boot is finally off-Wahoo!:)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home