My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

SPT Challenge


spt: plays well with others

Here it is, challenge of the week by Lelly:

one of my favorite comments has to be "plays well with others." elementary school social skills speak volumes for the people we will become. were you a shy child? were you the class clown? the social butterfly? do you still identify with that inner child? what are you doing for "play" this weekend?

i know it is tempting for those of us who are moms to photograph how we play with our children. i would love to see how we play with our friends, our neighbors, our siblings. are you having a game night? a date night? a girls morning out for coffee and target? will you go to a party? or a picnic? are you on vacation? do you find yourself intimidated by these gatherings, or do you jump right in and organize them yourself?

do you play well with others?


I have gone back and forth this week deciding how I wanted to do this post. I guess I have always considered myself a fairly social person. I have always been involved in social activities growing up, whether it was sports in high school, a sorority in college, or women's/children's activities as an adult. My husband and I love getting together with our friends/neighbors for dinners, game nights, sporting activities, etc. We have been so lucky since we moved back home to reconnect with many people that we knew growing up. It is so comforting to be around people that you have known for so long. And it is amazing how, as an adult, the age difference doesn't matter. My next door neighbor even babysat me a few times growning up. They are now a couple that we do quite a few things with. They were even at our house last week for cards. We feel so fortunate to have moved back to such a friendly town. For being a small town, there is always something to do. It may not be the fun a person would find in a big city, but we are pretty good at making our own fun!


Jim and I enjoying a Halloween costume party


Jim hanging out with the girls during our night playing cards


My good friend Christie. We have known each other since grade school. My husband and her husband are also best friends (see below).


Jim and his best friend since grade school. I have no idea what he and Ben are doing.



Our theater room where we hang with our friends. We watch movies here (of course) and Nebraska football games.


Okay, technically, these are not self portraits, but I figured they are about me, so they will have to do. Can't wait to see yours!! I know they will be fabulous!


17 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Okay that picture of Jim and Ben is classic Jim face. Love it!!

And I can't help but say "who ya gonna call?" GHOST BUSTERS!! Great posters in the theatre room. Should we book a flight just to come and watch a game on that great screen? That Halloween picture is the greatest!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bridget-
One of my customers just brought this place to my attention!
A MUST GO PLACE!!

http://www.go2africa.com/seychelles/photos.asp

12:46 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Dana- That place is AMAZING ! Can't wait to show Jim. Thanks for sharing!

Jen- You have a room and seat saved any day!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is so great that you have friends from your childhood so close.
That theater room is amazing.

2:28 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

fun pics. love that you put a lot of fun into your life and with other couples. love that!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

It is always fun to have friends to do things with.

Your theater room is amazing!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

The theater is cool but the Halloween costumes are awesome! I think it is so neat that you are friends with childhood buddies like that.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Love that theatre room!! And those costumes are GREAT!!!

I can tell you guys are great friends to your neighbors too!!!

5:23 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Your pix is cute. Hot mama!! If you want more help I will walk you through the side bar. Call me later if you want Doug is working.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

How fun to be able to reconnect with your childhood friends. Love the theatre room and I may be booking a flight the same time Jen does to watch a game.

Love the pictures. Miss you tons!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I wanna hang out with you! That theater room is some kind of cool!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you look like you are having so much fun PLAYing with your husband and your friends! these pics are great.

to answer your question: i usually think of challenges when i'm on my daily walk (PLAY time for me, for sure...) the challenges ideas really come easily to me, but it's the input of everyone that brings the challenge to life. as i've mentioned before, i am constantly amazed at what comes back in the challenge!!

and i've got a long list of challenges, so i intend to keep this going for a looong time!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

How cool to be back in the hometown both you and your husband grew up in! It's nice to have ties like that!

We lived in Lawrence, Kansas.
My husband was in law school at KU and moved to Utah after graduation last spring! We loved living in KS and miss the awesome weather!

8:20 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

You have a theater room! I am so jealous! :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Bridget. Call me when you are having a PARTY!!!!!!


I think that is great that you have such wonderful friends.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want your movie theatre! Aaron would love it too! What a fun room-I do love the old school movie posters you have hanging in there, too! Looks like you have great friends;)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

That's a serious theater room, how comfy.

You're very blessed to have a best friend whose husband is your husband's best friend as well!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home