My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sign of Spring

SPT (or for me this week, SPW)

Our assignment this week was to photograph yourself with signs of Spring. For me, the warmer weather means grilling. We love to grill out. It keeps the house cool and is less mess. Plus, Jim will usually do the grilling, so that means less work for me. :)



I wasn't going to use this picture because my eyes are closed, but it is a perfect self portrait of me because I always close my eyes in pictures. Drives my husband crazy! :P

Loved all of your self portraits! So do miss those bluebonnets!

13 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

We love to grill too. I miss our annual bbq's. The 4th, superbowl, etc. I don't have any pictures of you with your eyes closed. Isn't that Jim who closes his eyes?

1:21 PM  
Blogger donna said...

YES, I also love to grill! We grill about 4 times a week in the summer. So nice~~~

Great post and cute picture you! I like your sun glasses.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! At least you have some cool shades:) I am with you on the spring time grilling-Aaron is in charge of that-so no cooking for me:)

3:39 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

oh the grill! yummy. and yes, less work for us-- bonus! we love to do a basket of veggies on the grill. olive oil, maybe some spices, toss in some shredded parm cheese and it is a real treat!! yummy.

love your pic. too cute.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute picture. I love to grill and planned to tonight had the snow and rain not ruined it today! There is just something about cooking outside or watching my husband and the guys cook outside that speaks spring/summer to me.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh bbqing is a SURE sign warm weather is here, at least warm enough to eat some yummy food cooked outside!!!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

We love to grill, too. It is makin gme hungry just thinking about it. Cute picture even with your eyes closed.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

You are a hottie!

I grill all summer long too. I eat much healthier during grill season. Veggies and fish!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooh, ooh, i love grilling season!!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I love the aviator shades! You can totally pull them off.

Yum...grilling. I'd almost forgotten about it but that does give me something to look forward to.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

That is a sure sign of spring/summer. We love to BBQ.

You look dang cute in your classes!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

That's a cute picture. I love to grill, though I never actually do it myself, that's Randy's job.

10:12 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Oh how much I miss grilling in the winter. Very creative. Nobody else thought of that. I didn't even notice your eyes were shut with your cute glasses.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home