My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Where We Rest

This weekend, we ordered Alex her "big girl bed". She is very excited and I am very nervous. She can be a bit stubborn. I hope I don't have to do the whole Supernanny thing with her. We really haven't done a whole lot with her room in the time we have lived in our new home. I wanted to wait until we got the furniture and bedding that she would be using for awhile before I went to the trouble of painting her room. This is her room now. I will post the "after" pictures in a couple of weeks when we have the furniture and have it painted.


Ryan's room was done soon after we moved in. I knew I wanted a navy blue bed for him (don't know why, just did). I really loved the navy bunkbed from Pottery Barn, but did not want to spend $1500+ on a 5 year olds bed. I actually found his furniture at KMart. I love it! I know it won't last forever, but for $600 dollars, it doesn't have to.


My room is very simple, but I love it. I always try and keep the bed made and everything put away. I like to know that even if the rest of the house is a disaster, my room is not. It makes it so calm and peaceful.

I received several pieces of good mail Saturday and today. Jill. Natasha, and Dana all sent me sweet thank you cards. The card were beautiful, but the nice things they said were even more so. Kelly A. sent me some good mail. It was some Texas stickers and mints. They got me so excited for my trip next week to Texas.

**Where do you rest your heads?**
**Do you like your bedroom?**

11 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Cute rooms. My room is ultra simple too, bed and dresser-that's it. I try to keep it my sanctuary too, but my closet is another story!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

How fun to see your bedrooms!
I do like my kids' rooms, especially my girls' room but our master is the last room in the house to be decorated. I love my bedding but we haven't painted nor do we have any coordinating furniture, just a hodgepodge of pieces. We keep saying we need to get to that project soon!

We're pretty slow moving, we've lived here for five years!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger donna said...

I love seeing your bedrooms. WOW you got your son's bedroom furniture at KMart. I love it. Fun "good mail"
How is your foot??????

1:09 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

Fun rooms! We need to paint both of the girl's rooms. Need to organize my room. Not so much a sanctuary right now.

Love your good mail.

Saw on KellyA's blog that you like chick lit, too. Any suggestions? It is the only kind of reading I can handle at this current stage!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Donna- foot not good. Have to go get an MR of it tomorrow. I am just so sad about it.

Carlo- Love chick lit! Some of my favorite author's of chick lit are Jennifer Weiner, Jane Green, and Emily Giffin. Very easy reads but very enjoyable.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I love your rooms! Whenever I see cute rooms I feel inspired. Mine always seem too cluttered and dark.

I wish I could use your love of painting over here. I've decided I really don't enjoy it...at all.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Great post. My bedroom in anything BUT a sanctuary. For some reason when my house is all clean my bedroom catches all of the clutter and junk that doesn't have a home. I hate that. Hopefully one day I will have a nice master bedroom that is well kept, but for now it is a modge podge of furniture without a real bed. We are still living with the mattress and frame. URGH!!
I can't wait to see Alex's room. Ryan's is way cute and that KMart furniture is great.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

My bedroom is pretty comfortable. It's in the back of the house and I never open the blinds so it's darker than any other room in the house. I enjoy this because it feels like a retreat from the bright busyness of everywhere else. I have a fan in there for white noise and that is both soothing and functional to drowned out other noises.

I despise the kids' room. We have royal blue bunk beds and it's decorated in primary colors. Since Landon and Whitney have to share this room it's kind of hard to make it very cute without spending a ton. Randy and I have plans for what we'd like to get, but can't swing it just yet.

Score on the good mail!

7:26 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am so glad you posted your rooms. I at least feel I can say I have seen part of your house. Can't wait to see Alex's new big girl bed!

How funny your bedroom is the same color as ours. I am jealous of your comfy chair. Call me after the MRI. Talk to you soon.

7:18 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

p.s. I forgot to add (Love the quilt hanging in Alex's room). I think I may be bit bias?

12:06 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

I do like my bedroom, but I don't like that I only have a queen size bed. My hsuband and I are both light sleepers and feel the complete opposite about covers so we really need the space so we can sleep. Hopefully within the next few months we will move our bedroom set into our new guest bedroom and I can get fun new stuff for my room.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home