My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

So Happy!

Today was one of those days when I just sat back and realized just how blessed my life is and how incredibly grateful I am for everything that I have. I am just so purely happy today. Okay, I know I sound like a total sap, but I wanted to get down some of the things that make me happy (for those days when I don't feel so happy :P ).

1. Being able to stay home with my children. I can't imagine it any other way. This is what works for our family.
2. Snuggling with Alex when she woke up from her nap. When I walked in her room, she said "Hi, Momma" in her sweet little voice, and I melted. We rocked in her chair for a good 1o minutes (good for a kid who doesn't like to sit still).

3. For running 3 miles and having it be actually easy today. Quite an accomplishment for me. I'm sure tomorrow will be different, but at least today was fun.

4. Having dinner all prepared and ready to go in the oven. No 5 o'clock struggle.

5. Cleaning lady day!!!! Need I say more.

6. Kids quietly hanging out on the couch together, sharing some popcorn. (notice their crazy outfits-too funny

7. The beginning of Lent tomorrow. I love the Easter season.

8. Going outside for awhile today.

9. My temperature gauge reading 48 degrees. For some of you, that may seem really cold, but when it has been above freezing for awhile, 48 is down right balmy. Love the sunny skies.

10. Good Valentine's Day mail from Kristi. She felt bad because it was late, but I say better late than never. :)

11. My new PCPhoto magazine. Gotta start learning more about my camera.

12. Husband coming home early today!

13. The Clouse's deciding that they will be in San Antonio the week that we will be visiting. So glad we won't miss them!

14. My husband being such a good provider, husband and father (and sooo sexy).

Hope you all had a nice day!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Those are delightful things.

I ran three miles effortlessly today too (actually it was run 4/walk 1 for 3 miles.)

So if I left my house right after dropping my kids at school I could make it to SA, have 1 hour for lunch at Chuy's with you all and be back home in time to meet the bus!

Remember when you asked how much was too much Chuy's? How about how far should one go for Chuy's?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Kelly-Do you all have the same Spring Break as SA (March 12-17)? If so, you should join us. It will be a blast! No distance is too far for Chuy's!

4:02 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Great list. I am so happy I made it :) I love waking up and everything feels "good" I am hoping I feel this way tomorrow! Have a great night--gotta watch A.I.!

5:41 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Great post.
I hope you have a wonderful night!!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

So great to post the things that make us happy...they really are a good reminder on the days that are a little (or really) hard. You have an adorable family!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

What a great list. Those are definitely things to feel happy about!

Your family is so cute!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loved your list Bridget. I love having those days where everything is right in the world. :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Your perky post perked me right up. Thanks for sharing. You do have a beautiful family.

8:58 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

It's good to step back and evaluate how blessed we are. Your list made me smile. The run alone is worth a smile.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm so glad you are having a good day and are out of the slump. I wish I was feeling 100% so I could be more productive while I'm kidless. Oh well, I think that's how it always ends up. I get a break from the kids and then I get sick and am useless.

Love your list. Can't wait for your visit.

2:42 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Loved your list. Life is SO good!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

That is a great list! It was fun to see what all makes you happy!! I can see why all those things would make you happy!

Aren't kiddo's the sweetest when they first wake up (after they slept long enough to not be cranky)?!!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home