My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, February 19, 2007

President's Day Happenings

It was a pretty low key day around our house today. Ryan had preschool this morning, so after we dropped him off Alex and I hit the gym. It was just a stretch/strengthen day, so I didn't run. Thank goodness, because yesterday's run was a challenge and I needed a break. My ankle has also been bothering me, so it was nice to rest it. After the gym, we went to the dreaded WalMart for a little grocery shopping. I didn't have too much to get so it was doable. My friend had asked if I could watch her son for a hour while she ran to a meeting, so we picked up Ryan after school and headed home. The kids had I good time together. Alex was overjoyed that it was her friend that was over, not Ryan's, since his friends are the ones that are usually here. They played Duck, Duck, Goose, colored, played store, and then had a pillow fight in the guest bedroom downstairs. They were laughing so hard I had a hard time making them quit.


The weather is FINALLY nice here today; I even opened the windows for awhile to get some fresh air. We are going to grill out steaks tonight for dinner. Yummy! Hope everyone had an enjoyable Monday.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

How cute. I think the first I heard of kiddos entering the guest room I would have been all over them. You must be one serene girl!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh, ya gotta enjoy the "warm" weather while you can!! That is so cute about the pillow fight!!

I hope your ankle gets better soon!

2:48 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Wow!!! Steaks, yummy. I need to think of what to make for dinner tonight.
I want our warm weather back. It is cold and windy outside yuck!!!!!! I hope you ankle gets better. Enjoy your monday.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

That pillow fight sure does look fun!

You really are nice, though. I probably would have been bothered by another mess to clean up!

6:43 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

open the windows!

sorry your valentine got sent back to me, not enough postage.. sorry!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Grilling outside....heaven. I'm totally jealous.

I hope your warm weather stays!

8:04 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

The question is did Ryan earn his $1? Angie and I went running yesterday and we had to walk--it kicked our butts!

Wish I was there to eat some steak--that sounds so good. I think Doug is boycotting red meat for a while since him and Greg ate it 5 times last week ALL at steak houses. No fair! Rest your foot---you'll need it.

12:08 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

The dreaded Walmart :). After telling my friend how much I am not a Walmart person and she defended it, only slightly, because they carried cheap diapers, I call her every time I step foot in the store, just so she can harrass me for being there.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home