My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Losin' My Mind!


I feel like I am losing my mind today!!! My children are not listening, they are constantly fighting with each other (and me), and I had to go to WalMart today with both of them. WM is my least favorite place. I feel like we have not been out of the house in so long (okay, really only 1 1/2 days, but it feels like forever) because Alex has a horrible cough and runny nose. Thank goodness I have a treadmill at home. Yesterday I needed to run 5 miles so I am glad I was able to do that even though it had to be done during nap time. Okay, enough complaining.

Today is GORGEOUS outside. It is 50 degrees with bright blue skies and sun. I know 50 doesn't sound that warm to some of you, but when the temps haven't been above freezing in several weeks, it feels downright hot! My mom was sweet enough to come over for an hour so I could go for a run outside. I find it much harder to run outside, so I really need some extra training there before the race in May.

I now need to shower and start some laundry. The lady that cleans my house came today so I really shouldn't be complaining about anything. My mom also made some extra enchilladas for us, so dinner is done. Hopefully my kids have slept off their bad moods and will wake up in better moods.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Yeah enchiladas! Let your kids go a little wacky at dinner, close your eyes and pretend you are at Chuy's with Jenny's waiter.

So how far are you running in May?

2:20 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Kelly- Half marathon- Crazy or what!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Chalk it up to "one of those days". Bad mood before Walmart of after? That place will make anyone lose their mind. If it weren't for those good deals.....

Way to go on the five miles. I'm impressed.

4:13 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Walmart puts me in a bad mood the minute I set foot in that store--even if I go in there happy before.

Hurray for mom and cleaning lady! Sorry the kiddos weren't very cooperative.....wish you could have joined our lunch today.

That picture of Ryan is so mini Jim. Did you tell him to simma down now?

Good luck with the running you doing awesome! Hope you have a better night.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Sorry for your not so good day. Wish you could have been at our therapy lunch at Chuy's today.
Run, B, Run!! Half a marathon would totally KILL me!! We went for a three mile run this afternoona and I wanted to die. Not fun at all.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home