My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Sweet Elizabeth

I wanted to share with you all a very special little girl named Elizabeth. Lizzie was one of the most amazing little souls I have ever known. I only met her a few times, but those moments will forever be etched in my mind. Lizzie was diagnosed with cancer 4 1/2 years ago. She fought so bravely. She was always so positive and knew she had a very important purpose for her short life here on earth. She was one of the most caring, spiritual, compassionate, sweet 14 year olds that a person will ever meet. My words are not doing her justice. Sadly, she passed away at the end of October. I did not know her family that well before this, but she was close to many of my friends and one of her best friends is in my bible study. Since she received her wings to heaven, I have gotten to know her mom. She is such an inspiration. She continues to amaze me on a daily basis. She misses her sweet Lizzie so much, yet she is still strong. I am rambling here. I wish I could express my thoughts better, but hopefully you will understand what I am trying to get across. I am asking for all of you thought and prayers for this family. Not only did they lose their daughter almost 3 months ago, but now Lizzie's uncle is sick and having surgery soon. It is just not fair. If you have a chance, please check out their web site. I promise it will leave you inspired. Please visit them at http://www.caringbridge.org/ne/lizziegirl/

3 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

You can count on us to put them in our prayers. I wish you could have heard our relief society lesson yesterday. It talked about this very issue. I am glad she has you in her class as a friend to talk to. I will check out that sight.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Our prayers are with them.

I just checked out the sight and sit here with tears streaming down my face. She definitely looks like a very sweet Lizzie. She really looks like she loved life.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Wow thanks for sharing that website with us. What a sweet girl. She will be in my family's prayers

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home