My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Many Thanks!

I can't believe how fabulous my birthday was! Everyone spoiled me rotten! Last night my husband and I went out to dinner with 3 other couples to one of our favorite restaurants, Alley Rose. My friends went above and beyond and gave me some amazing gifts.

A Peggy Karr plate from Christie and Ben



Birthday plate and confetti glasses from Reven and John



A Birthday cake candle from Jeni and Steve



This morning Jim let me sleep in and when I came out I found a dozen roses and a cute card from Jim and the kids. He had also emptied the dishwasher and had a diet coke waiting for me. What a treat! We went to church and out to lunch with my parents.

Roses from Jim and the kids



A spa gift certificate from my parents



I really don't want the day to end. It may sound a bit selfish or greedy, but it is nice to be spoiled every once and awhile.

I also received phone calls from Jenny, Julie, and my sisters. Jenny and Angie's gift of creamy jalapeno sauce is on it way!!! She had to wait to send it till after the MLK holiday. I am so excited I can barely contain myself. Also, thanks for all of the birthday well wishes on my blog. It really means a lot to me that people who I have never meet before would take the time to say Happy Birthday. Thanks everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Happy Birthday! I love birthdays and yours sounds like you were treated like a queen. Hope you had a happy day.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Hopefully the creamy jalepeno will make it soon and it will taste as yummt as if you were here. Jim should have thought to fly you down here for your birthday lunch to Chuy's. That has seriously become a tradition for all of us that loe it so much. No birthday should come and go without a trip to Chuy's.

2:24 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Bridget I hope you have a great day!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Doodle Bugs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Celebrate BIG!!

3:45 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am assuming you didn't get my little envelope yet either. Bummer. I was hoping since I mailed it Wednesday you would have had it by now. Happy Happy Birthday!!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You scored some great loot! I hope your day was wonderful :)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Happy Birthday Bridget! It looks like it was a great one.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home