My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

100 Things

I wasn't going to do this because I felt I was so far behind on blogging, but I starting making a list last night and found that it was fun to think of what makes me me. So here we go.....

1. I am deathly afraid of horses.

2. I married my high school sweetheart.

3. We have dated since my junior (his senior) year of high school.

4. I hate coconut.

5. My 2nd toe is longer than my first (I have seen this statement on a few other lists so now I don't feel that it is that weird any more).

6. I love to read in bed at night with my book light.

7. This drives my husband crazy.

8. I LOVE baths (the hotter the better)!

9. I am now living in the town where I was born and grew up.

10.Chips and salsa are my favorite snack.

11. Starburst are my favorite candy.

12. Love a glass of red wine with a good steak.

13. I used to work at a dry cleaner in college.

14. I HATE to iron, but have to iron almost everything, including most of my kids' clothing.

15. I love Bon Jovi, especially Jon.

16. I am addicted to Diet Coke.

17. I cry easily.

18. Jim and I went to the Gold Coast in Australia for our honeymoon.

19. I love college football, especially the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

20. I have a little bit of a potty mouth when watching football.

21. Did not like pro basketball until I lived in San Antonio and fell in love with the Spurs.

22. I can't stand the "noise" cotton balls make when torn apart. It gives me the chills. (Does this bother anyone else?)

23. My all time favorite restaurant is Chuy's.

24. I have to be on time for everything.

25. I must have my Christmas cards out early. I think that is what keeps me from getting stressed out during the holidays.

26. I wish I could sing or draw (even just a little).

27. I love filling out forms (weird, I know).

28. I like "searching" for houses on Realtor.com.

29. I am going to try and run a half marathon in May.

30. My dream car is a black BMW.

31. I would love to spend a entire day at a spa with friends.

32. I want to start playing tennis again.

33. I love taking pictures with my new camera.

34. Going to the salon and getting my hair cut and colored is such a treat (Jim colored my hair for me all through residency).

35. I love to travel.

36. I thought high school and college were fun.

37. I enjoy mowing the lawn and did it all through both pregnancies (summer in SA).

38. I don't have to mow anymore since Jim bought a riding lawn mower and I haven't learned to work it.

39. I wish I liked to drink water.

40. One of my best friends from high school and Jim's best friend dated and set us up on our first date.

41. They are now married as well and live in the same town as us.

42. Our oldest children are only 3 months apart and are good friends. Our other kids are just 1 year apart.

43. My kids' doctor was my doctor growing up.

44. I hate the smell and taste of coffee.

45. I LOVE the 4th of July.

46. Corn on the cob is one of my favorite foods.

47. I love reading gossip magazines- People, Us weekly, In Touch.

48. This drives my husband crazy!

49. I make lists of all of the books I want to read.

50. Snow days are the best!

51. I still think of myself as being blond even though I haven't been naturally blond for a long time.

52. I have never gotten a speeding ticket.

53. I enjoy going grocery shopping by myself (but rarely get to do this).

54. Love 80's Rock music.

55. Addicted to reality TV shows.

56. I love "24" and can't wait for its premiere next week.

57. Confession time- I HATE to scrapbook. (I feel so much better now)

58. But I do like keeping photo albums.

59. I think Chutes and Ladders is THE dumbest board game.

60. Was a teacher before I had kids. I taught 5th grade in Omaha and 4th and 5th grade in SA.

61. I enjoyed teaching, but could never imagine going back to teaching.

62. Would love to be an elementary school librarian, but don't want to get my master's degree.

63. "Can't Buy Me Love" and "Grease" are my 2 favorite movies.

64. I love Bobbi Brown makeup.

65. I wish I had nice fingernails.

66. I have worn glasses or contacts since 5th grade.

67. "Phantom of the Opera" is my favorite.

68. I think I am a good friend, wife, and mom (at least, most days).

69. I am the oldest of 3 girls.

70. My parents have been married for 35 years.

71. I love reading books about Presidents, especially David McCullough's "Truman" and "John Adams".

72. I am proud to be from Nebraska. The people here are some of the best people you will ever meet.

73. I love going to Nebraska football games, away or at home.

74. Jim and I and my sister and her husband traveled to Notre Dame recently for a football game. The church there is so beautiful! It makes you want to be a better person.

75. I want to visit Italy, Spain and Hawaii someday.

76. I have no desire to visit London.

77. Would also like to visit Thailand, the Vatican, and the Carribean.

78. Driving on gravel scares me.

79. I once lost control of my mom's car on a gravel road and ended upside down in the ditch, hanging from my seatbelt. Thank God Jim or I was not hurt.

80. Seeing other people cry makes me cry (see #17).

81. I love cuddling with my kids, but am not a big fan of them sleeping in bed with me.

82. I am somewhat strict about my kids' nap/sleeping schedules.

83.I love going out to eat with our friends.

84. I love eating tomatoes straight out of the garden.

85. I dislike pineapples and mustard.

86. I wear sunglasses all the time when outdoors.

87. I didn't have a sweet tooth until I married my husband.

88. Both of my kids were born in Texas.

89. I refused to get a mini van for awhile, but I have to admit, I love my mini van.

90. I am embarrassed to admit it, but I watch soap operas, namely "As the World Turns" and "General Hospital".

91. We bought bikes this summer and I love them.

92. Sonic Route 44 Vanilla Diet Cokes are the best!

93. Target rocks!

94. Shopping for Christmas items the day after Christmas gives me a natural high.

95. We just celebrated out 10th wedding anniversary.

96. I have a cat named Osborne. He is named after Nebraska's former football coach.

97. This is probably the most I have typed since college.

98. I have found a killer recipe for creamy jalapeno sauce (I will post it soon) and P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps.

99. My life is so blessed!

100. I love my life!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am with you on the crazy cotton ball issue.
It gives me the complete willies to pull cotton out of any kind of medicine bottle. HATE it!

Super fun list Bridget!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Soooo glad to know I am not crazy! :)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Doodle Bugs said...

Oh My! We have tons in common!

I LOVE baths (the hotter the better)! ME too.. I come out looking like a beet HA! HA!

10.Chips and salsa are my favorite snack.

27. I love filling out forms .. I LOVE IT TOO!!

47. I love reading gossip magazines- People, Us weekly, In Touch. I SUBSCRIBE TO THEM ALL!!

54. Love 80's Rock music. MY SIRUS CHANNEL OF CHOICE

and I am an elementary librarian!

I am so glad you posted your list! It was great getting to know you!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm glad you posted this. I feel like I know you even better.

I just hope I've never gotten you coconut scented lotion, it's one of my favs from Bath & Body.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who cries easily and seeing others cry makes me cry, too. Even if I don't even know them!!
Chuy's is the best! Target is , too!

I love people magazine too. I'm so impressed you are planning on running a 1/2 marathon. You go girl. I would die, seriously!!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

The whole 1/2 marathon thing is due to peer pressure. I would never willingly do it on my own. We will see how it goes. I start training tomorrow.

4:08 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

YEah, I am so glad you posted yours.

Is it the one we found (the creamy jalapeno) I can't seem to make it quite the same as Chuy's.

I had no idea you feared horses. I wish we could go get pedicures together for your birthday! Miss you B!

7:17 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Oh, and .....Run Bridget run! Good luck. I SUCK at running.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

This one is a little different. It is pretty darn close. i think with some good chips, you may not know the difference.

7:21 PM  
Blogger sista # 2 said...

hey, just dropping by...
So much in common -I thought! Oh ya I forgot that one! I could've easily done more (just for me,else it's toooo long)
#5-me
#32-me
#59-cracked me up
#75-me too
#100- I Love my life!!
cool list! -ciao

9:38 AM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

My sister-in-law (Curt's wife) hates the sound cotton balls make, too, as well as the sound of shoes or boots crunching on snow. Both are sounds I don't mind.
Jim's family calls the 2nd toe being longer than the first "The Tibbels Toe", though, of course, it's not exclusive to their family... None of my kids have it... bummer.
I'm with you on the crying easily thing. TOTALLY!
You've been my inspiration, for years, on the Christmas cards. I think this year I sent mine out about as early as you! Yay!
I hate scrapbooking, too. Major time suckage, in my opinion. (But then, I haven't even gotten pix in albums for a few years now--thank goodness for digital photography and online photographs!)
I HATE Chutes and Ladders!!!
Ditto on the fingernails. Mine are hideous...

Loved talking to you the other day, too. Will try calling again soon! -t

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

What a fun list. You must have great faith in your husband to let him cut and color your hair. That would NEVER happen in our house unless I wanted to use a #2 clipper!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! Another Chuy's fan. I couldn't believe it when I found Jenny and Angie and realized I'm not alone in my C-OCD.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hi Bridget, this is a great list. Here are my thoughts.

--I don't like coconut or pineapple either.
--I love to read in bed at night!
--I love hot baths (but wish I had a nice big tub rather than the standard issue.
--I would love to spend a day at the spa with friends.
--"Can't Buy Me Love" and "Grease" are two of my favorite movies too! I've loved Dr. McDreamy for a LONG time.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like cotton balls either! That is too funny-I used to not mind them but now I hate them!

You are like my sister with the mowing thing-that cracks me up! I have to admit I have never mowed the lawn!

I love reading gossip magazines too!

Anyway, your list was great-thanks for sharing it:)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Kelly(M&M) said...

Hi Bridget,

I am just blog hopping, so I don't know if you will read this. I just wanted to comment on #57

FINALLY, someone feels the same way about scrapbooking! I do love pictures and take way too many. I just ordered my first photo album with only digital pictures. It was shipped yesterday. No paper cutting, no mess, I love it!

Also, congrats on your training for a half marathon. I hope it goes well. I will check back to see how it is going. Come say hi if you would like.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home