My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

New Christmas Tradition




The other night we decided to decorate the gingerbread kit I purchased at Target. I have never decorated a gingerbread house before (or not that I remember). The kids had a blast! Ryan is very artistic and detail-oriented (read: anal). It was driving him a little crazy that Alex and I were just slapping that candy on the house wherever we wanted. I think he thought we should have more of a plan to our madness.
Today Ryan has his Christmas program at his preschool. Our town does not have many preschools and the ones that they do have are affiliated with churches, which is fine, it would just be nice if our Catholic church would have one as well. The would have so many children. My friends and I are not lacking for children. :) But I digress. His school is a PreK-8th grade Luthern school. It is really a nice school and they do a good job. I am just hoping the program won't be too long since all graded will be performing. Alex does not sit still (unless she is watching Doodlebops). I will post pictures from the program later. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Mmmm do we have a mini Jim already starting?

I am laughing at Alex's doodlebop nightshirt. Didn't know they made such a thing. Hope Ryan's program goes well and its not too lenghly. I can't believe they are doing ALL the grades at once.

Love the gingerbread houses. I guess we have to thank Jim for "documenting" the moment. Cute!

1:11 PM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

How cool--I'm going to school tomorrow to help Josie's class make their gingerbread houses. (We did that when Lindsay was in Kindergarten & it was a blast!)

We LOVE the Doodlebops!!!

6:55 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

what a great new tradition!
Merry Christmas

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! I want to try that-my best friend that just moved to Texas called me and told me she decorated a gingerbread house as well:) That is too funny that Ryan is anal about the candy-I bet he'll be an engineer or a physician someday!!!!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home