My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or Treat!




**Pictures won't post. Will keep trying!**

What fun the kids had on Halloween! We decided to go out a little early (6:00) because it was a tad chilly out and I knew Alex wouldn't last very long. They had a great time and got lots of candy. They were so excited by the houses that gave out full sized candy bars, small bags of chips, and envelopes of hot chocolate. But I think the most fun was had by handing out the candy to everyone else. Ryan sat there for an hour with the bowl of candy, telling all the kids to take 2 or 3. It was pretty cute. Alex slept through most of the trick or treaters since I put her to bed when we got home. Thank goodness for the sound machine! Hope everyone had a fun and safe night. I know I will have to throw out the candy tomorrow (not for the kids' sake, but for my waist line's) so I will enjoy some more tonight! :)
By the way, Ryan was a Mystic Force Power Ranger and Alex was Elmo.

6 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. Keep trying. I tried last night for an hour and then decided togive up. It worked right away this morning.
Hope you have a better day. Wished you could have joined us for Chuy's!

12:27 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Keep trying B! I just got mine to go through. Too cute that Ryan was being a natzi about how many pieces each person got (sounds like Taylor) Missed you at Chuy's today. Don't you love we are now all on the same cycle?? Crazy. :) Here's to a better day!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Alex has such a cute little face I want to squeeze her. Love the costumes. At least one little one still enjoys elmo in the world! I haven't been able to convince Luke or Weston to watch Seasame Street. So sad.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That Elmo costume is adorable! Sawyer would have gone berserk for it! LOL!

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Elmo costume! That is so cool that you guys got full-sized candy bars! I remember my friends and I always wanted to go to a "rich" neigborhood (called Spyglass) that handed out full-sized candy bars.

Wish we could give the kids our bowl of candy too-we went to our friends house for a bbq so we didn't hand out very much candy! I have a ton left and I don't need it:)

11:03 AM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

They look so cute! I'm LOVING being pregnant right now--the one time I feel okay eating a few of the kids' treats. They let me have what they don't like...anything with nuts: Snickers, Baby Ruth, Mars Bars, etc. I'm so shocked that I don't have to fight them about eating the treats, though. They kind of forget about them unless I offer them 1 or 2 each day. What luck!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home