My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Nothing New

I don't have anything new or exciting to post, but feel a little lost because we have been without cable or internet for 2 days. Some contractor cut a fiber optic line that cut the connection to 4 or 5 citites. How do you cut a fiber optic line? I can't imagine it is easy to do. I bet someone's butt was on the chopping block. Can you imagine how many calls the cable company got in the last few days. It is one thing to lose cable, especially with all the new shows starting, but it is another thing to lose your internet connection. I was lost. What to do without my daily dose of reading blogs and shopping?
On another note, I am starting to dread the upcoming weekend. Jim is on ER call Fri., Sat, and Sunday. It is either super easy or terrible, not usually much in between. Ryan has a soccer game Sat morning, but I have a feeling it is going to be rained out. It is supposed to rain all weekend.
To change the subject, I am giving blood tomorrow morning at our church. I have not given blood in at least 8 years. I hope I don't pass out. :)
Sorry for such a boring post. Maybe I will have something more exciting to post tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger trayceetee said...

Oh my gosh, you were without the internet for that long? I don't think I could stand it--I'd have been pulling my hair out. I'm so totally addicted!!! (I could go without cable for a long, LONG time, but Jim & the girls would go as insane as me without Internet access!) Glad you got it back--congrats on staying strong! :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

That does sound painful to be without not one but both luxury items! How was Ryan's birthday bowling party? You could post about that. I too dread/hate call weekends.

Good luck with giving blood. I think I WOULD pass out. I have never given it, but when they have drawn it on me in the past I turn white as a ghost.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home