My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

PF Chang's- Yummy!

I recently had a HUGE craving for PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps. I googled it and came up with many different entries. I finally settled on one that I thought sounded the best and didn't sound too difficult. I made it last night for dinner and it was wonderful! Jim had never had them before and he liked them alot. It definatly satisfied my craving and I even have a little left over for lunch today. I have included the recipe at the end of this post. If anyone tries it, let me know what you think. Happy eating!!

P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps

3 tablespoons oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup water chestnuts
2/3 cup mushrooms
3 tablespoons chopped onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
5-6 leaves iceberg lettuce
__________________________________________

Special Sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon hot mustard (found in the oriental food part of store)
2 teaspoons hot water
1-2 teaspoons (or more) garlic and red chile paste (oriental foods section)
_______________________________________________________________

Stir Fry Sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar


1. Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in the water in a small bowl.

2. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.

3. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.

4. Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set aside as well.

5. When you're ready to serve, add your desired amount of mustard and chile sauce to the special sauce and pour over the wraps.

6. Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.

7. Saute chicken breast for 4-5 minutes per side or until done.

8. Remove chicken from the pan and cool.

9. Keep oil in the pan; keep hot.

10. As chicken cools, mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.

11. Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.

12. When chicken is cool, mince it like the water chestnuts and mushrooms are.

13. With the pan still on high heat, add another tablespoon of oil.

14. Add minced chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts, and mushrooms to the pan.

15. Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes until warm.

16. Add mixture to the lettuce leaves, top with special sauce, and roll.

It sounds a little long, but it is very easy and delicious!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Sounds yummy! That is one of my favorite things to eat at PF changs and Pei Wei. Maybe I'll try and make them one day or maybe I'll just suggest that for our next dinner date, that sounds easier. hehehe
Thanks for the recipe.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! Usually I am very inpatient if I am craving something like that & I will just go buy it. That is a really good idea to google the receipe! I have found a few good recipes just googling for healthy dinners but nothing specific. Anyway, thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it sometime!:)

6:20 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

You made them! (I think I was talking to you when you were)Thanks for the recipe..now we will have to try them as well.

6:27 PM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

I LOVE finding recipes I enjoy in restaurants. I searched and searched for Chipotle's Quacamole, and I finally found it. It's fantastic!!! Was the site you found the PF Chang recipes on a "copycat" site with other restaurant's stuff? If so, what was the site address?

8:14 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Trac,
The recipe copycat site was recipezaar. Can't wait to see you all next week.

11:30 AM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

Cool, thanks! I LOVE RecipeZaar!
See you next week--the girls are totally PUMPED!
-tt

12:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My husband will thank you his whole life for posting this recipe...LOL!

So GOOD!! :)

Dana

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home