My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Where do I begin?

This last week has been so crazy that I don't even know where to begin. It started last Tuesday with us getting ready to go to Omaha for Jim's father's kidney transplant and for his stepmom's surgery since she was the kidney donor. We planned on leaving right after Jim got off work, but didn't leave until 2 hours later because they were concerned they night have to delay the procedure because of some last minute complications. In the end, they were both cleared, so we got in out car and headed to Omaha. We knew the kids wouldn't get to see Dan after the transplant in the hospital so we wanted to get together with them that night. To make a LONG stort short, we finally got to my sister's house and in bed at 11:30 that night. (Considering that my kids go to bed at 7:30 most nights, it was super late for them). It has not been quite a week yet since the surgery and they are both doing fantastic. Sandy has already been released and Dan should soon. We thank everyone out there for all of their prayers. We know it made a difference. (Part II of the crazy week up next.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Glad everything went well and ya'll were able to be there for the surgery.

7:32 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

So glad everything went well. I am sure that is a HUGE relief for you and Jim and the rest of the family.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home