My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, September 11, 2006

The rest of the week...



We headed home from Omaha Thurday afternoon because Jim had 2 cases on Friday and I needed to get ready for my sister's baby shower. My sister Shannon is having her 1st baby, a girl, in December, so my other sister Erin and I threw her a shower at my house. It was so much fun. It rained ALL day Saturday, but that didn't stop anyone from coming. There were over 30 ladies in attendance. It was great! She got so many nice things from everyone. I think this made the uncoming birth more real for her. My friend made a cake for us and it was amazing! It was so cute and tasted amazing.
We ended our night by watching Texas lose to Ohio State. Even though I am a die hard Cornhusker, I do root for UT (except when playing NU) since Jim's stepdad works for UT and we got to go to many of their events while living in San Antonio.
Our crazy week ended with us going to mass on Sunday with my family and my cousin and her kids. My cousin Tracy and her 2 girls stayed with us Sat. night. Ryan and the girls had a blast. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of them together. We all fell into bed early Sunday night. It was a long week, but everything turned out great.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

You three girlies are cuties. Shannon looks teeny tiny for being so far along. The cake is adorable, too.

Glad your crazy week is over.

7:34 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am so glad you posted the cake. It looks fabulous!

You guys look so cute all posed together. Did Erin color her hair? At any rate you guys all look great and once again I LOVE your new hair style B!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your sister! All three of you are gorgeous! The cake is so cute! What is she going to name her baby girl?

I can't wait to be pregnant!:)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I think she is going to name her baby Aubrey. Cute, huh!

11:22 AM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

We had so much fun with you--thanks for having us come and stay with you! The girls were thrilled to have time yet this summer to hang out with their friend Ryan (I don't think it even clicks for them that they're related), and I really needed to have that time with you, as well! I was pleased to have some catch-up time with Shannon, to boot! And it's always a pleasure being with Erin! (She laughs at ALL my jokes!!!)

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home