My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

A "Frightful" Night




Last night we went to an adults only Halloween Party. It was so much fun! I have not been to a costume party in so long. It always amazes me how creative some people are. Jim and I wanted to dress alike, so we went as pirates, along with about 7 other people. Very popular costume this year. Oh well, it was still a blast. We were all thinking we were looking pretty cute, so about 10 of us went to a bar after the party. I think the college students thought we had lost our minds, but we really didn't care. If they only knew how happy we all were to have babysitters that night, they would have thought twice about staring at us. Of course we got to bed super late (1:30 am- that's soooo late for us) and paid for it today. I let Jim sleep in this a.m. and he let me nap this afternoon. Even though we were exhusted today, it was worth it.

4 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Okay Jim looks totally freaky. Doug wanted to know what kind of pirate he was. And loved the growth on his face.

I wish we had an adult Halloween party to go to sounds like fun ;) I decided to be cheap and found a tavern lady costume (I guess I will be the lady that serves the pirates their beer) ha ha. Great costumes!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Yeah, he did look waaay freaky! I think it was the eye makeup. Alex did not like the fake hair on his face. She would point to him and say "scary". It was too cute.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I can't believe how different Jim looks. I love the costumes. You both look great.

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys look so cute! I am right there with ya-I am going to be a pirate as well! My sister might not approve of my costume though! Hee! Hee! We have 2 events to attend on 2 different nights so we will definitely be dressing up!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home