My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Sick day


Well, today I am stuck home with 2 sick kiddos. Ryan woke up with a fever this am and Alex has a bad cold and a slight fever. All in all though, it hasn't been too bad of a day because since they don't feel well they have been really calm. They pretty much just want to watch movies, color, or take a bath. I, in fact, have accomplished a lot today. The house is clean, the carpets have been vacuumed, and laundry is going. I don't know how long things will stay looking nice, but at least I have some pictures to document that I did do something today.





I have a question for you all. Does this look too holiday? I got the table runner on sale at Pottery Barn. It was part of their holiday collection. I got the runner and napkins for a steal. I don't think they look to "holiday" but I was wondering what others thought.


Hope everyone can stay warn this weekend! It may snow again here Sat. and Sunday, so we'll see!

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

So sorry the kids are sick. THat is no fun, but doesn't it feel good that you were forced to clean. I love that.

I don't think the table runner is too holiday. I really like it.

Your home looks beautiful. I love the dining room table and chairs.

How do you like you wood floor in the dining room? Are they hard to keep clean? Is this the only place you have wood flooring in your house? We put in the laminate flooring from Sam's Club in our family room last May. Though I love it, I wonder how hard it would be to keep clean if it was all over my house. Any thoughts?

12:44 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I love the floor in my dining room, but the dark color shows EVERYTHING. But it is easy to clean. I just wet Swiffer it in between cleanings. If I had it all over the house, I think I would go with a lighter color. Do you have some news you can share with me? :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

That makes me happy you posted pictures of your house. Even though we have to enjoy it cyberly. I think the table runner looks great. And definitely not too holidayish.

Sorry about the sick kiddos. Poor Alex looks miserable (maybe just the photo??)

Hope the kiddos get well soon :) p.s. did you get a package by chance today??

3:14 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

No package yet :( I am keeping my fingers crossed. We sometimes get deliveries late.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

When sick kids are nice and mellow it's kind of a gift to the mom isn't it? My kids rarely get sick so when they do I love it that they're snuggly and mellow.

Your house looks sparkling clean and beautiful. I think that table runner looks great, not too holiday.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home