My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Relaxing Weekend

We all had a pretty uneventful, but refreshing weekend here. Friday night we went to the Country Club with another couple and their kids. We had wonderful food, great conversation, and all of the children were really well behaved.

Saturday we just hung around the house for most of the morning. Ryan and I went to Target will Alex was napping. We were getting a little stir crazy late in the afternoon, so we went to our town's new indoor play area, Ballocity. It is a wonderful indoor playground with all sorts of areas for children of all ages. It was fairly busy because of many birthday parties, but we still had fun. That evening, Jim took Ryan to the Tri-City Storm hockey game. They had a blast and Ryan thought he was so cool because he got to stay up late (9:30- very late for our house). I enjoyed a quiet house after Alex went to bed and read my book.


Today I "officially" started my training for my half marathon. Click here to see the schedule that many of us are using. I am really excited and very nervous. I just hope I can finish!

8 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

You will do great! My question is are you suppose to be registered for a 5 and 10 k race though?

Doug got home around 4:40pm today and we "hurried" and ran before taking him for a quick bite and the airport. We ran our 3 mile run in 23 minutes. Hello? Can you say crazy. It's funny what you do when you are in a hurry. Good luck with the training---I am rooting for you!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Wow! Impressive time! I need to work on my time, but right now I'm not too concerned. It doesn't have to be an official 5 or 10K. At lot of the girls here have routes mapped out, so we will probably just use those. It would be nice to run in an official race though, just to get over the nervousness of an actual race. We'll see!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

That schedule actually looks doable. BUT I'm not committing myself to a half marathon just yet. Good Luck!

7:26 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Impressive about the half marathon. I've just started running but I'm not doing to well keeping up with my schedule. Too many sick kids keep getting in the way. Do you run on a treadmill or outside? It's finally warming up a little in Washington State to make an outside run doable for me.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Andrea- right now just a treadmill either at home or the gym. It is too cold here in Nebraska to run outside yet. I got to run outside one day last week and it felt so nice to have the fresh air. Unfortunately, most will be treadmill runs.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Good luck on your training. Definately do a 5 or 10k, just for fun, in fact do a couple! They are addictive, the energy at the race, the people watching, usually there is fun entertainment or things to look at after and of course, the T-shirt!

Your ball play land looks awesome. Places like that are popping up all around us, now if they can just figure out how to provide good food for the parents while they watch the kids play!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

What a fun week you had. Thanks for sharing your schedule. I am going to print it out!
Jenny that is a very impressive time. Good for you!!!!!!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

That ball place looks like a blast. Balls and kids...perfect combination.

I'm excited to find out how the training comes along. That looks like a pretty good schedule.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home