My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Best Foot Forward

I love the idea of Self Portrait Tuesday. What a great way to get me to look and myself and define what makes me, me.

Up until a few months ago, I would never had said that my running shoes are me. I did not enjoy running. Sure, I went to the gym and worked out, but rarely ran and if I did, only a mile. As some of you already know, I took the challenge of some friends and signed up for a half marathon. I have NEVER ran a race before. I am SO surprised by how much I have enjoyed the training. There is something so satisfying about running. I really see this as something I will continue doing. I has a long talk today with a friend about putting "my best foot forward" in life. Running is helping me to do this. It makes me feel so strong, healthy, and proud of myself, not in an egotisical way, but in a loving myself way.


This is how my feet look under my running shoes, complete with blisters and unpolished toenails. I usually do a better job at keeping them polished, but the cold I have forgotten. I think I will go get one tomorrow. I could use a little treat! :)


My kids wanted to get in on the action, too. They were so excited to get some new Crocs today and wanted their picture taken as well.

One more thing to add. Got some "good mail" today. Donna sent me a fabulous package. Thank you soooo much! It was a wonderful surprise!


**How do you put your best foot forward?"

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

your photos are great! and i love the kids in crocs, too!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh so cute that your kids wanted in on the best foot forward with their new crocs!! I LOVE it!!

And so what is the next goal for you? Running a regular marathon?!! Wow, that is very impressive that you have remained dedicated to the running.

I'm always impressed by how you seem to get your exercise in no matter what!!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm so impressed with you and yoru running. Not to mention you are LOVING it!! I still haven't come to love it. I do it because I feel I have to. Love your running shoes. I'm thinking it is about time for a new pair for me. Cute bare feet, too. Jenny and I just got a pedicure a couple of weeks ago. Our first one in months. It felt fabulous! Cute crocs on Ryan and Alex.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Kari- I really don't think I want to a whole marathon, but we will see. Maybe I will just try and improve my time. Who knows?

1:28 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Great post!!!!!! I am glad you got the "GOOD MAIL" Have e wonderful day!!!!!!

1:49 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am lovin the cute little crocs great idea. I am so inspired by your half marathon training. I think if you were closer I may do it, but I don't think it will be happening.

I got that same package from Donna. So sweet :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!

I love that you love running. Isn't it great?! I've run in lots of races but none longer than a 5K. I'm really impressed with the half-marathon. Keep it up!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Just like you, I only recently became a runner, thanks to the 10 mile race I was "forced" to enter. I'm really beginning to love it! Good luck with your running and race!

I love the crocs on your kids...so cute!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Michelle Alley said...

Love to hear someone who loves running just as much as I do! I'm new to blogging and feel fortunate to have found your site! It took me a year to get to the point when I could run without feeling like a wanted to stop. I took my twin girls out with me in a double stroller and kept it up. We're now living in Montreal, QC - so I have taken my running inside untill the weather gets warmer. The treadmill isn't the same - but it works. Would love for you to check out my post "Running is Freedom" on my blog - and tell me what you think! Thanks for your post - Have a great day!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Reading all of these feet posts where everyone is running makes me feel out of the loop! I am impressed, though, with your commitment and strength. I think it's awesome.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I can comment on your blog! I was trying to comment on it a couple of days ago and it kept saying "error-" it was weird.

Anyway, I was a slacker because I didn't do the "Best Foot Forward" yet-maybe later. I am impressed that you plan to run a marathon-I don't think I could do it! Good for you!

Anyway, your kids are so cute! I just love all of the pics you post! About the crocks-did you know that a lady came up with the "Crock buttons" (I don't know what they are really called) is a millionare now and she got the idea from her daughter who wanted to put something cute on her crocks. Crazy, huh???? I want to think of something like that!

11:31 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

Awesome pictures. I'm amazed at all the blogging runners. I have just started running for the first time in my life and I'm surprised by how much I enjoy it. I am tempted to participate in the next self-portrait Tuesday. They've been great to read.

2:24 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

I am so excited for your race! At first you hate running and then you get in that groove and you realize why people run. It's like a drug and you don't want to stop. Good luck with your training and thank you so much for the package!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home