My Photo
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blogging MIA

I feel so out of the loop. I have not blogged or read any blogs since Tuesday or Wednesday. Things have been a bit crazy around here. Jim has been super busy and the kids and I have had a ton to do. So I don't bore you, I will give a brief recap of the days.

*Took Ryan to school and Alex had her Moms-Day-Out day so I had a couple of hours to myself. Ran some errands and then came home and spent time on the computer signing Ryan up for Kindergarten for next year.

*Fed kids peanut butter sandwiches and cheese sticks in the car so we could make it to Mass on time.

*Took kids by myself to Mass for Ash Wednesday. They were very good, thank goodness.

*Found out Jim's dad had to go back to the Med Center in Omaha because his blood tests were concerning. (He is doing much better and should be home early in the week.)

*Dropped kids off at a friend's house (thanks Tammy!) and met Jim at our CPA's office to go over our taxes. Jim had to go back to the hospital to check on a few patients, so I pick up the kids, bathed them, and put them to bed. Jim got home about 7:30, poor guy.

*Went to gym for 3 mile run and then ran a few errands

* Put Alex down for a nap at my mom's so I could help her paint her basement. They are in the process of finishing their basement so we needed to prime their walls. I had to leave in the middle of it because I had Ryan's preschool parent-teacher conference. So cute! Always nice to hear your kid is doing well.

*Went back to mom's and painted until 4:30. Got most of it done.

*Ryan didn't have school because of conferences, so we went to the gym and then took the kids to Ballocity (an indoor playarea) to meet up with some friends. We let the kids run around for a couple of hours and even had lunch out there.

*Put the kids down for naps again at mom's house so we could finish painting. Finished priming and then picked out paint colors. (Forgot my camera-will take pictures later in the week)

Now this is where the fun (not!) begins...
*We had a babysitter for Friday night. We were going out to dinner for a good friend's birthday and we were going to my favorite restaurant. All sounds nice right. Well it was until half way through dinner, I started feeling sick. I was getting flushed and light-headed. I really needed to get out of there. I told Jim we should go. We got our bill and left dinner early. I was so bummed to have to be such a party pooper, especially when we had a babysitter for the night. I rushed into the house, made Jim pay the sitter, and proceeded to be sick, off and on, for the next 5 1/2 hours. It was soooo miserable!! To top it all off, at about 12:30 a.m., Ryan joined me in the bathroom where he was sick as well. We were quite the pair. Finally about 3:30 a.m., we all fell asleep till about 7 when Alex got up. It was terrible!

*Pretty much consisted of me lying on the couch. I didn't get "sick" but felt ill all day.

(I am trying not to notice how crazy Alex looks or how large my butt seems)

*Everyone in our house did take a 3 1/2 hour nap. That was fabulous!

*I crashed a 9 pm. It was a long day to say the least.

*Fell a little bit better, but still spiking fevers and having horrible headaches.

*Did get dressed (unlike Sat.) and went out to lunch for my mom's birthday.

I hope this is all over soon. I hate being sick. Needless to say, I did not get my 6 mile run in on Sunday. I hope to do it on Monday, but not sure body can do that much. I still feel so weak. Hope everyone had a better weekend. I need to catch up on everyone's blogs. I feel so out of the loop. :)


Blogger donna said...

So sorry hear about Friday night at Saturday. Being sick is a BIG BUMMER!!!!!
I hope you get better soon,so you can run your 6 miles on MONDAY!!!!! Good LUCK!!!!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

You poor thing! That just sounds miserable, I hope you are getting your strength back!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I hope you feel better soon! You've had a busy week and then with adding sickness on top of it, I bet you are wiped out. Take a day off and get your strength back. You need it!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Sorry you are feeling yucky. Hopefully you are on the mend now. Take it easy on the run. I attempted to run a few days last week while I was sick and it was horrilbe. I had to stop and walk several times.

Feel better soon.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Kelly A. said...

Poor thing. I hope you are feeling better soon. It's not fun to be sick.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Yuck! I am so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. It really does just knock the energy out of you, doesn't it!?! I hope you get back to feeling well soon!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, B! That sounds terrible to be so sick. I am sorry you felt that way. I am glad to hear that Jim's dad is doing better--I am sure that is always a worry since his surgery and all.

p.s. I had to laugh about the quick dinner in the car in order to get to church--your too funny!

Feel better soon :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Oh Bridget! What an awful few days! YUCKY!
I hope you are on the mend and that the yuckies disappear for good!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home