My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Bummed

I am so bummed today. I haven't been able to run since Tuesday, and it is driving me crazy! My foot/ankle has really been hurting and Jim (ortho doc) says I need to stay off of it for several days. He doesn't even suggest the bike because it is the flexion that bothers it. He thinks I have posterior tendon tendonitis (or something like that-makes sense when he tells me, then I forget it soon after). It is swollen and tender. I am very disappointed! I know I still have plenty of time (may 6th), but I was in such a nice little grove and running was becoming much easier. I am hoping I can trying running again on Sunday. Wish me luck!

(Sort of a strange picture of my swollen ankle, but I feel naked posting without a picture.)

On a different note, I am getting really excited for a couple of upcoming trips. Next Wednesday evening, the kids and I go to Kansas City to stay with my sister, her husband, and baby Aubrey for four days. The kids and I are going to watch my niece for a couple days while Shannon has to work (her last 2 days, then she gets to stay home) and then hopefully we will get to do some shopping on the weekend. The Plaza in KC has so many good shops!

(Last summer in front of one of the many fountains in The Plaza)

We get home from KC Sunday evening, then leave for San Antonio and Horseshoe Bay, Texas on Tuesday morning. Jim is coming with us on this trip, so we are very happy to spend some family time together (he has been CRAZY busy lately). Jim's mom and stepdad live in Horseshoe Bay, which is a beautiful resort community, so we are looking forward to that. His mom booked her and I belated birthday facial (we both has bdays in January) at the Resort there. So nice! We also plan on spending some time in San Antonio catching up with old friends and, of course, Chuy's! Ang and Tracy- can't wait to see you all; Jenny-we will miss you all soooo much, but we will see you in October. I hope the weather cooperates for all of this travel.


**Any Spring Break plans?**

8 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Bummer about your foot B! Take it easy and it will heal soon--I am crossing my fingers for you. Have fun on your trips. I am SOOO sad we will miss you. For sure October right??!! I am planning for it.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

So sad about your foot. I had a stress fracture that sidelined my running a few years ago. No fun! Does Jim say you can swim? It could help to keep you in your exercise groove.

Sounds like some super fun trips!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Very big bummer about your ankle. At least Jim was able to diagnosis it quickly.

Your trip sounds fun. I am in desperate need of a trip and some relaxation. We don't have any spring break plans. How sad is that?

4:15 PM  
Blogger donna said...

That is a big bummer about your foot! I agree with Jenny take it easy. Keep us updated.
For spring break we are going to SUNNY Arizona. I am so excited!!!! Enjoy your trips.

5:18 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

I am so sad about your foot :(. I'm hoping my knees stay healthy enough for my races before I can slow down a little (but I don't want to!). It comes back easily though. The first couple days may be harder but then you'll be back in your grove. Maybe this is the best timing with you being out of town for the next week or so you won't be able to run anyway right? Have fun on your vacation and with your facial. What a treat.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I think it's always better to post a picture (no matter how odd) than not. I think everyone likes reading posts with pictures better, it feels like there's more of a connection or something. I hope the swelling goes down and you feel better soon.

We don't have plans for spring break, I don't even know when spring break is but I'd like to do something.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Good luck on running on Sunday, I hope your ankle holds up for you!!

Oh a nice trip this time of the year is the greatest cure for cabin fever - and you got 2 of them!! I hope you have a great time.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'm so sorry about the injury! You must be going through running withdrawals. Hope it gets better soon!

Sounds like some great travel plans. The facial sounds especially great!

Jon and I are planning a trip to the east coast at the end of this month!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home