My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Another new look





There is more to add to the drama that is my broken bone. I was still in a lot of pain on Friday, so Jim thought I would probably be more comfortable in a light-weight fiberglass cast with a walking shoe. Wow!! It has made all the difference in the world. I can walk without pain, which is quite the change. Hopefully I only have to wear this for a few more weeks. We are leaving for San Antonio/Horseshoe Bay, Texas in the morning. Don't know if I will be able to update because her mom only has dial up (waaay too painful to use). Hope everyone has a fabulous week! I will take lots of pictures and update as soon as we get home (late Sunday). Take care!

I have been blessed lately with a bunch of good mail. Thank you so much!! It has really made me feel better.


A sunny card from my sister Erin.


A sweet thank you from Tara. What a beautiful card! Thanks for all the nice words.

A great Grey's Anatomy CD mix from the lovely Jenny! Thanks Jen! Hope you are having fun in AZ.

Donna sent me a lovely flowered card letting me know she was thinking of me and praying that my foot gets better soon. So sweet! Thanks Donna.

Kristi also sent me this great St. Pat's day card. I am part Irish, so I love anything with clovers! I was so touched that she mentioned that she loves my name. How thoughtful!

And finally Lucy sent me this cute handmade thank you card. Hope you are feeling better Lucy!

15 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

I am glad to hear that the light-weight fiberglass cast is a lot more comfortable for you and that you can walk with out pain. Pain is never good!!!!!
Have a fun trip and take lots if pictures.
Also get lots of rest girl!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh, I'm so glad the cast is less painful than that boot! I hope it still turns out to be a WONDERFUL trip, despite the foot problems.

I hope you're at least able to check in while you're away, but I understand what you mean about dial-up being painful. Maybe you can just lurk?!!

I'll be thinking of you!!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I'm glad you have found something to make your foot more comfortable! Have a great trip!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Hurray for being more comfortable! Have a great trip! I'll be looking forward to hearing (and seeing) all about it!

7:55 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am glad you got the tunes before your trip. I hope the airport is nice to you. I am SO sad we will miss the lunch on Thursday with Ang. Eat LOTS of creamy jalapeno. I am having major withdrawals. Have a fun trip!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Jenny- Your picture doesn't show up on my comments. Any ideas why?

7:54 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

oh my goodness! hopped over here to say thank you for the wonderful SURPRISE goodmail to find that you are in such a mess! i am so sorry to hear it!

i haven't been on in a few days and now i must get caught up. wow, wow, wow.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Bridget I am glad Jim fixed you you up so your foot is feeling a little better. Can't wait to see you. What time are we meeting on Thursday? I'm dying for some creamy jalapeno(I'm going on two weeks without)and of course dying to see you. I'm kidless until Thursday evening so whatever time works best for you is great with me. Call me when you get into town.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Hope you are able to enjoy your trip despite your injury! I was in San Antonio last week and the weather was perfect!

4:28 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

That is so good your foot is feeling better. So sad you had to cancel on your sister. In a few weeks, that runner's high will be back and you'll be loving it even more. Have fun on your trip!

11:31 PM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

Hope to see you in Lincoln for the marathon anyway--give us a call or an e-mail!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Sorry about your ankle, hope it heals quickly. Have a great trip!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm sorry your foot is still hurting so much, that's just grim. It's fortunate you could switch to the lighter weight cast and that you've got good mail coming in to help lift your spirits. Have a fun trip!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Doodle Bugs said...

I sure hope you start to feel better REALLY soon! I love the new look :o) :o) :o)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Just checking in to see how your foot fared the trip? Hope you had fun!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home