My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, March 19, 2007

To Texas and Back

For Spring Break, we took a trip to Texas. We spent most of the time in Horseshoe Bay with Jim's mom, but also traveled to San Antonio to visit friends. We had such a nice time. I could go on and on about all of the things we did, but I will highlight some of the activities.

Tuesday:
*LONG day of traveling. Dallas had some storms which shut down the airport for awhile. This put us 2 1/2 hours behind. We got into HSB at about midnight.


Wednesday:
*The kids wanted to make cookies first thing when they woke up, so Grandma indulged them. We got to see Papa Jerry for a couple of hours before he had to take off for Austin to travel to Spokane with the Texas Longhorns men's basketball team to the NCAA tournament. Jerry is the Assistant AD for the team.



* The kids had a great time playing in the creek behind Grandma's house. They raced rubber duckies and collected rocks to paint.



Thursday:
*We went into San Antonio. Jim dropped the kids and I off at my friend's Tracy's house while he went to visit some of the doctors that he did his fellowship with. The kids has so much fun playing. Sydney is their oldest, then there is Katie. Katie and Ryan are about 6 months apart and were great friends. Then there is Nathan. Nathan is 2 days older than Alex. It was so cute to see those 2 together. I wish they could have grown up living closer to each other. We miss you all tons!

*Jim picked us up and we met the Gordon's for lunch at Chuy's. It was as good as I remembered it. It was so nice to hang out and talk with the Greg and Angie. I think because of blogging it really felt like no time had passed. Thanks for the company guys!


*When we returned from SA, we (minus myself, because of the cast) went swimming at Jean's neighbor's house. It was really only the one sunny day there. Every other day was overcast. Her pool is heated so that helped too.



Friday:
*We did a little shopping today at some cute boutiques in Marble Falls. Not much fun trying on clothes with a cast on, but did manage to buy some cute shorts.
*We also went to the park and fed the ducks.


Saturday:
*We went to Cooper's for lunch. This is a famous barbeque place located in Llano. They have HUGE fire and meat pits. You literally point to the item you want (the pork chops and ribs are the best) and they dip them in a vat of sauce. You eat your food at picnic tables with butcher paper for plates. There are loaves of bread on the table and all of the beans you can eat for free. I'm sure some of you are so grossed out right now, but the food is delicious! It is a true Texas experience.

*Jim and I had a date night. We went to an Irish bar named O'Neil's for some green beer and then went to see "Wild Hogs". It wasn't too bad. It was worth it for the popcorn!

Sunday:
*Left HSB at 6 am to drive to San Antonio.
*Finally arrived home at 6pm and drove pretty much straight to Jim's office to cut off my cast. Thank goodness! I am still in the boot for another week, but at least I can shave my leg and take a bath. :)
*Came home to tons of good mail and will post about it soon. Thanks y'all!

Hope everyone had a great week! Can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

What a fun trip. The river behind your Mom's house was awesome, and Chuys of course and COOPERS! Yessss Coopers. Not grossed out at all, just licking my chops. Can't wait for our next road trip and a stop at Coops!

So glad your cast is off. You'll be running in no time.

7:28 AM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

Coopers sounds delicious! Might have to make a trip to TX sometime just for that! Yummy!
Glad you made it home safely and had such a nice trip! The kids are getting so big--we need to see you!!!
xoxo
-t

7:38 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Sounds like you had a really fun trip!!! That is fun that you have a connection in "March Madness." We used to live in Spokane. And we used to be big basketball fans but we have kind of cooled off with it the past few years. Too many other things going on I guess!

That creek behind your inlaws house looks so inviting and fun!!!

I'm glad you got your cast off and hope you get out of your boot soon!!

I missed ya while you were gone!!
Welcome back!!

Oh, and if you come to Denver for that half marathon or the Bolder Boulder some year, we will have to meet up!! :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

It looks like you had a fabulous trip. How is your foot feeling? Too bad Jenny was in Arizona for your Chuy's outing. I'm so glad you came home to lots of good mail, that's the best thing!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Thanks for treating us to CHuy's. It was so good to see you and can't wait for your next visit.
Coopers? My dad loves that place. He has told Greg for the last five years he is going to take him there but hasn't, YET! It sounds Texas good for sure!
Glad you got your cast off and came home to good mail.

11:39 AM  
Blogger donna said...

FUN & FUN!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
How is your foot?????

12:05 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Welcome back!! It's so fun to hear about your trip and looks like it was a really great time!

Caleb is a huge Texas Longhorns fan--had them picked to win the whole darn thing!! He's pretty sad they lost so early.

Glad to hear the cast is off, hope you'll be back to running soon!

And finally, thanks so much for the nice Easter card. I love the Easter season, too and getting your card really did brighten my day. You are so thoughful!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Wow, it looks and sounds like you guys had a fun trip! So happy you got to get rid of your cast!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Yay! Bridget is back. Your trip looks like serious fun. And I'm so glad that your cast gets to come off. When do you get to start training again?

Last week, when everything was sucky, my day was so brightened by your, not one...but two cards. You are a kind, gentle soul and I'm glad I know you even if I've never met you.

2:16 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I am so sad we missed you. Tell Jim October better come to pass! Talk to you soon.

2:43 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Now I'm hungry! And I want to go for swim. Too bad Texas lost :(.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved looking at all of the cute pics! Looks like you all had a great time on your trip! Hope you drank some extra green beer for me because we didn't go out for St. Patty's Day since I was feeling under the weather!

I bet you are so relieved that your cast is off! I am sure you will be all back to your work out routine in no time!:)

10:55 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

wow, wow, wow! great documentation and what a trip!

love that you were so good with writing it down. and that you had lunch with angie- how fun for yoU!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home