My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Good Food and Great Friends

Saturday night we went out to dinner with 5 other couples to celebrate two of our friends' birthdays, Jeni and Christie. We decided to try the Country Club because they recently hired a new chef. The food was wonderful! My steak was perfect! Jeni had the duck special. I had never had duck before and, I have to say, it was quite tasty. We had such a enjoyable evening. I love long, leisurely dinner with good food and friends (and no children to keep entertained).


Top: Christie, me, Bridget S., Jeni, Reven, and Karyn
Bottom: me and Christie (She has been one of my best friends since 2nd grade. She and her husband set Jim and I up on our 1st date in high school.)

After dinner, two of the couples came back to our house for a bit. One of the couples is thinking about putting in a home movie theater similar to ours, so they wanted to check it out. We then decided to play the Wii. If you have not yet played the Wii, you are missing out. It is a blast!! It kept a bunch of 30 year olds entertained for quite awhile.


Top: Reven and Jeni "boxing"
Bottom: Jim "bowling"


Jim and I finally bite the bullet and bought the elliptical machine we have been wanting. We are so glad we did. I haven't been able to use it yet, but Jim really likes it. It is super smooth and very quiet. I can't wait to start using it. Maybe in a couple of weeks.


Hope everyone has a nice Sunday! Nice April Fool's Jenny!

Blogger finally let me post my pictures, but I had to do them one or two at a time. So painful!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds so yummy and fun!

The Wii looks like such a good time too. I can see myself cruising on the ellipse while the kids play the Wii in our home theater. Did you say you had a guest room?

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love long evenings like that. How funny about the Wii. I haven't ever seen a "real" one. Good thing Jim isn't around he may get Doug addicted to a new toy.

Wasn't that the best joke ever??!

p.s. this is (me) not Taylor

5:24 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Kelly- Anytime you want to visit, it's yours.

Jenny- Your joke even got Jim. :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Sounds like great fun with your friends!! We have an elliptical machine that we like. Although since the weather has turned decent outside it does not get as much use! :)

But I love it, especially in the winter or when I'm stuck home with the kids I can jump on while they are napping or whatever!

11:36 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

the pics are so fun-- you can tell you are enjoying one another.

oh so envious of your eliptical. i want one so badly! drop me an email if you have any tips for deciding on a brand or the like...

7:44 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I've heard about the Wii. We are not gamers here although with three boys I see it in our future (ugh). But anything that gets adults up and laughing I usually enjoy:)

Cute pictures. You are beautiful. And I'm jealous of the elliptical machine too. I would love one or a treadmill because it is so hard to get anywhere with young kids. I hope it helps you heal.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun night out with friends! I have never played the Wii but everybody I talk with seems to love it! I think I would be nervous to try duck though! Is it really good???

I love the eliptical machine-I do it alot at the gym! Such a great workout!:)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home