My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Cinderella, Cinderella



Alex and I went to a mommy-daughter luncheon today to celebrate her friend Julia's 3rd birthday. Julia is all about Cinderella so, of course, the theme was Cinderella. Above are the adorable invitations that Julia's mom, Karen, made for the party. She is super talented. I wish I would have taken a picture of the cake as well. It was amazing! (She also made the cake for my sister's baby shower, if you remember that picture.) The little girls dressed up in their little princess dresses and "tap tap" shoes (plastic heels), as Alex calls them. The decorated mirrors with rhinestones (such a cute and easy activity), ate lunch, opened presents, and had cake and ice cream. One of our friends even dressed up as Cinderella for the girls. They thought that was so cool. It was a very nice party and I had a great time doing something special with little Alex.

Julia the birthday girl, Alex, Cinderella, and Breck



I can't forget to mention the good mail I got this week. Shawna sent me these fabulous slippers and a very sweet note. Thanks sooo much Shawna! I love them!!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

Oh how sweet. I so miss those days when my daughter would love to dress up as Cinderella. What a great party. And what great "GOOD MAIL"



How is your foot?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Foot/ankle is bothering me today, but it is okay. Have to wear the blasted boot for another 2 weeks! It could be worse though. Thank goodness it is not the middle of summer. Then I don't think I would have such a good attitude about it. Thanks for asking! :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger donna said...

My son broke his femur bone a few years ago. He was in a wheelchair for the whole summer. It was a big bummer!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Cute party idea. How fun you got to share the day with Alex,

12:51 PM  
Blogger Grandma Jean said...

Alex looks so angelic--We spent 2 hours today in a tornado warning and flooding rain. All the students in portables were moved to the school--we had 165 in the library. I thought I would need Cinderella's coach to get home.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Sounds like it was a fun and cute party!! How FUN of your friend to dress up like Cinderella. And those are cute, cute invitations. Of course, Alex looks adorable as always!! :)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

What an adorable party. Alex is adorable in her beauty dress!

4:56 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

That looks like such a fun party. I am impressed the mom even dressed up. Alex looks so cute. Can't wait to see pictures of the newest member of your family--(Your machine) Have a good night!

7:32 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

what a great girl's party. my ellie would love it.

very cute invites. wow, the creativity.

6:54 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Oh my Alex must have been in heaven. What a cute idea. And that Shawna is so very sweet.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love girly stuff! Love the yellow Belle dress over all the princesses too!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

That's a darling idea for a party. Score on the good mail, Shawna is a sweetie.

4:06 PM  
Blogger sue p. said...

Alex looks so cute. Can't wait to see all the pics.
Mom

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! People are so creative! The cinderella castle backdrop with the Cinderella character-I don't know if I will ever be that good about birthdays for my kids! I hope so! Alex looks adorable! The little girl dressed up as Arial is hilarious-her little undies are showing!

Have a great week!:)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home