My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Friday, April 06, 2007

A Little of This, A Little of That

I don't really have a topic for my post today, so I thought I would offer you a bunch of random thoughts and happenings.

*Got passport photos taken today. We may go somewhere at the end of summer, so I need to get them done now. I don't think we will take the kids, but I am getting theirs done anyway.

*Got sucked in by clearance items at Target. Dang you Target! :)

*I am loving our new pop machine. (Yes, we are a little crazy and addicted to Diet Coke at our house.) Now if I could just find a ice machine that makes Sonic ice.


*Got the funniest, laugh out loud, pee your pants card from Jenny today. I miss you Jen!



*Thank goodness the snow has stopped, but it is still horribly cold here. It is just not right that Alex will have to wear tights with her cute little Easter dress.

*Today I asked Alex (2 1/2) to pick something off the floor for me. She looked at me with the most serious face and said, "No, I too busy". Humm, my own words coming back to bite me in the butt?

*Jim caught this shot of Alex yesterday. Poor thing, she wants to go swimming so bad. Good thing we are going to Kansas City next weekend and staying at the Embassy Suites. They have an indoor pool.

I hope everyone has a very special Easter! Thank you for sharing your lives with me! I am so blessed.

18 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

If you ever find a pebble ice machine you've got to let everyone know. I'd be in heaven.

That card from Jenny is hilarious.

Poor Alex, is she trying to think her way into summer?

12:05 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I'll have to ask my SIL where her neighbor got hers. She has one. When I was browsing the grocery store the other day--I couldn't pass that one up.

You're too funny--I had no idea you guys bought one of those machines. And that picture of Alex so sweet. She looks so sad. It is a good thing you will be going somewhere with a pool soon. I can't believe it looks like winter wonderland there!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Great coke machine!

Jenny's card made MY day! Too cute.

Aw sorry Alex summer will be here soon. And a hotel with a pool, that is even better!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh, that is a GREAT shot of Alex juxtaposed against the snowy deck!!
Poor girl! You know, Rilyn asks me almost every single day lately when she can go swimming too -- Crazy!!

Happy Easter to you too!!!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Jay and I have already decided that we are going to have a fountain soda set up in our basement. I had a friend that had one in high school and have had my heart set on it ever since. I love the pop machine!

That card says it perfectly. My own bum is feeling a bit raw, if I think about it!

Happy Easter! You're awesome!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

That picture of Alex really captures the yearning she has to go swimming. Poor girl looking out the window with so much hope...and all she sees is snow. What a great picture.

Happy Easter!

6:44 PM  
Blogger shawnab. said...

Wow - cool soda machine! Pair that baby with Sonic ice and you've got a little slice of heaven on earth!

Jenny's card made me laugh out loud! Hilarious! Thanks for posting it.

Darling picture of your daughter. It's been SO COLD here, too. No snow, but it feels like there should be some!

How's your foot these days? Long road, huh? I get to take my cast off on the 9th - cannot wait. How about you? SOON, I hope!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brrrr! That looks cold! Alex is just too cute! Hopefully soon it will warm up:)

How big is that coke machine? Hard to tell from the pic. Looks cool! I love antiques! I just need to keep looking at your blog for more fun ideas for our next home....someday....:)

9:15 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Great Card!! I love it.
Embassy Suites. We love that hotel. That is where we stay with our kids. I hope Alex enjoys swimming at the hotel. Have a wonderful Easter my friend:)

6:31 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Shawna- Foot's doing much better. Such a long road. It has been really hard to motivate myself to workout. I get so insanely bored on the bike. Hoping I can start elliptical next week.

Janet- Pop machine is about the size of a counter top microwave. Not too big. We got it through a Coke dealership. We are loving it!

12:55 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

Bridget, that swimsuit pic is just darling. Oh that is so sad that she wants to swim so much

That Coke machine is too cool. My parents would love it.

ps- I did not realize you were Catholic, too? Though I did go to Stations on Friday, I stayed home with Ellie on Holy Thursday. And I broke my Lenten sacrifice and had some chocolate. Dang it. I tried though...That is all we can ask.

If you were in JL, you will probably love Devil in the Junion League!!

1:19 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

by the way, do you already have devil in the junior league? i will mail my copy from kellya to you if don't. let me know!!

happy easter to you and your family!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Carlo- I would love the book! Thanks soooo much!

I had candy yesterday too. Darn!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Target is almost like my 2nd home! I love that place. Your soda machine is something else - how neat! Happy Easter!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I so want a COKE machine like that! Where in the heck did you find that? I'm a little addicted to Diet Coke myself. If there were a Cokes Anonymous, I might need it. Of course, I'm kind of enjoying the denial phase! That is a great card. Enjoy Embassy Suites! Such a family friendly hotel!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

My sister looked into a pebble ice machine for her house. From what I understand they do exist, they're just really pricey. How fun to have a soda fountain in your house! Poor Alex, glad she'll get to use that suit soon! That card was hilarious! I'm a total sucker for clearance items, I feel your pain!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

LOVE the Diet Coke machine. Where did you find THAT?

11:14 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

I'm sending my sister over to your house to get her Diet Coke fill :). So sad for Alex with her suit on and all just ready to go. Hopefully your trip to Kansas City will give her her fill of pool time.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home