My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

SPT Post

on tuesday, april 17th: $100.00 'virtual tax refund'



This week's challenge: The tax man has given you $100 and you must spend it on yourself (not your kids, husband, etc.) What would you spend it on?


I thought long and hard about this one. I am embarrassed to admit that most of the ideas that first came to my mind were way over $100. A new pair of Seven for All Mankind jeans, a Kate Spade purse, a day trip to the spa. Oh well, I guess I will have to wait on those. I have decided that with the money I would update my makeup. I am one of those people who once I find something I like, I stick with it forever. I need to get out of my rut.
A couple years ago when we were in Vegas, I was able to get my makeup done by a professional. The makeup artist used Bobbi Brown makeup. I love it! Now granted, she was a professional, and even if I used everything she did, I would not look like that again. But I really did love the products. I have bought some over the years. It is really not any more expensive than Clinque or Estee Lauder. So with $100, I could do a good job updating my look.

17 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

I can never do my makeup! Your's looks fabulous. I haven't tried out Bobbi Brown, but I am now addicted to Mac. Ang and I did those makeovers last summer, now I am hooked.

10:51 AM  
Blogger donna said...

Kate Spade purse that is what I should spend my money on.


Bobbi Brown makeup. OH great choice girl.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Fun to update your makeup. I had never done on eof those makeoever suntil last summer with Jen and now I'm hooked. I still don't look the way the girl made me look when wshe did it, but hey at least it is better than still using my Cover Girl crap from Wally World.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I haven't ever tried Bobbi Brown, but I use Mac, and it is all expensive...Oh, so worth it.

Great idea!

12:08 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

ohhh, good one! i did not even think of a spring makeover but that sounds good, too. (i too am in a rut!)

i swear by MAC but I have heard BB is great, too.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I am the same way, always use the same stuff. I want to try Bobbi Brown too or Sephora.

You look beautiful!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Your complexion looks flawless! Make up is fun and makes you feel so great! A makeover? Never done that, but sounds like a lot of fun!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooohhh, that is an AWESOME idea!!

and the kate spade purse, well, i'll look the other way as you fork over more than your $100!!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I have only gotten one "makeover" and I was in eigth grade and I have a feeling it might be different now;)

You look great!

8:22 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

It would be so easy to spend $100 on makeup and it would be so fun. I picked Seven for all Mankind Jeans for my post! I know more than $100, but they are so what I want right now. So badly that I have trouble keeping want and need seperate.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I should probably spend my $100 on some make-up but then I would need to take a class to learn how to put it on. You look great.

1:13 PM  
Blogger sista # 2 said...

Great choice. Clever. I didn't think of that one! I need an update or make over, just a little something new. I could never have anyone do my eyelashes though. I am very particular. cute photo -ciao, janae

6:01 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

OOh I've always wanted to try Bobbi Brown. The only place around here that sells it is Nordstrom but they are too far of a drive to do during the few precious preschool hours and I try to take Quincy in public as little as possible!

Forget virtual, go update that makeup!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'm a Mary Kay kinda gal. I do like the products and my girlfriend/representative gives me pretty straight forward critiques on my make-up and skin care. Even still, I feel a little clueless on the best way to do my make-up.

11:01 PM  
Blogger shawnab. said...

You got your boot off!!!! Hooray! It's the best being able to wear shoes again, huh? I am loving it. Still no running for me either - I think it's going to be a while since my darn foot is still sore - but it's so good to be out of the boot! Happy for you!

I think your make-up and purse idea are fabulous. Count me in! The picture of you is gorgeous! You are a girl after my own heart - I love hats, too. Nothing like putting on a good old ball cap with your hair in a pony tail. Easy, quick, sporty! Love it!

5:59 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

just popping over to encourage you to do a 3's list! please???

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea-I have used the same stuff FOREVER as well-I use Clinique, Mac, Mary Kay, and Maybeline-I know ALOT! I have never tried Bobbi Brown but it looks pretty:) I think I would spend $100 on a massage! I just love them!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home