My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Snow in April- Again!

I need to start off the post with a little complaining. It is supposed to snow here tomorrow 2-3 inches. What the *&$#! It is April for crying out loud. We have already had Easter. It is supposed to be Spring. We are going to Kansas City Saturday and this better not keep us from going. I have already had to cancel one trip there. I know a lot of you are in this same boat as far as the weather goes. Is it driving anyone else to the brink of insanity?

Something positive now. I got my stinky, ugly boot off Tuesday!! I am soooo happy! I do have to wear the brace for 3 weeks, but I can wear shoes with it so no big deal. I was able to do the elliptical machine and can do some slow walking on the treadmill as well. No running yet, but hopefully in another month or so.



I took Ryan to Kindergarten Roundup this morning. He was really excited and so was I. The school he will be attending in the fall will have all day kindergarten for the first time. Ryan is ready for all day. He needs the extra stimulation. He gets bored at home in the afternoons. While the parents were having their meeting, the kids walked by with the teacher to go to the library. They were adorable, walking down the hall in a straight line with their hands behind their backs. I can't believe it is time for him to start kindergarten. Where did the time go?


Last, but not least, Hannah sent me this adorable thank you card for a book I had sent her. Notice the cute little ribbon attached to the card. What a great idea!

17 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

Yuck about the snow!

I am so jealous of the all day kindergarten. Our district is considering it but by the time they decide it will be too late for us.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'd be tired of the snow by now too. Poor thing.

Way to go on the new brace. That was one troublesome break for something that didn't even show up on the xray first look.

Hooray for all day kindergarten. I used to teach kinder, was totally against all day, boy did I become a fan after having kids of my own! LOL!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was the new machine??? I am still awaiting the action shot of Jim working out--HA!

Yuck-Snow! I wish you could have some of our warm sun--I hate to even tell you I layed out in my workout clothes today.

All day kindergarten is seriously heaven sent! jen :)

5:29 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Snow in April Yucky!!!!!

When we live in Oklahoma City, our daughter Emily went to all day Kindergarten. She loved it. Running again in a few months. Happy days:)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

There has been some insane weather...just when all the winter clothes and outer wear gets packed up...snow! I'm sorry! Ryan is so handsome! I thihk my Luke would benefit from all day this fall, but no such luck!

9:33 PM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

Nice picture of you, Bridget, on your profile! Now I get to see your lovely face every time you leave me a comment! :)

I'm not as tired of the snow as everyone else, but I AM getting there! I can't wait 'til I can go back to walking the kids to and from school! Lucky I'm a major procrastinator and hadn't put away our winter clothes (as I'd been meaning to)!

I kind of wish Josie had been in all day kindergarten--would've made transitioning to life with a new baby easier--but I do enjoy having her here with Donovan and me in the afternoons. She's such a good helper--both girls are!

Congrats on getting your boot off!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i can't comment on the snow, as we just suffered through a 60 degree 'cold snap.'

is that black polish on your toes?!? too cute!

we love all day kindergarten around here.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm sorry you are getting snow this late. Any chance you want to move back to sunny SA? I went for an afternnon walk and laid out when I got home and got a little tinge of pink!

I'm so glad you got the boot off. Cute toes. Make sure you take it slow and not workout to much too fast.

Kindergarten is great. Maci loves it and was so ready to start. I think them (her & Ryan) having fall birthdays makes it harder when they have to wait that full year after turning 5.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I am so with you on the weather! Hurry up Spring!!

Yay on getting the boot off!

I just took Rilyn to Kindergarten Roundup last week too! I can't believe she's already old enough for that?!!

Oh, I bet Ryan will love Kindergarten!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

We have all day Kindergarten here in Hawaii also. It has worked well for my daughter this last year. She was ready.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Sorry about the snow but glad to hear you are boot-free!

Hope you have a good trip and can enjoy warmer weather soon!

8:16 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Hooray! No more boot!
We haven't had snow here, but we have had cold weather and I want to be in short sleeves and flip-flops. My race is next weekend, so I hope it warms up enough by then so I can just wear a short-sleeve short for the run.
I think Alexis would have enjoyed all-day kindergarten. She gets bored by herself. It's very bittersweet sending them off to school.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I will cry if it snows again here. Hang in there sister!

Yay on the removal of the boot! Don't overdo it too soon...

10:22 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

I am soooooo with you on the snow. yuck. i am tired of it, too.

We don't have all day K in our district, Yet. There is talk and I totally support it. I am hoping they will by the time Ellie goes but I don't think they will get it together enough for 2008-09 year.

Congrats on the boot removal. That must feel so good!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Snow is April is very cruel, I feel for you.

Congrats on getting the boot off, I'm sure that's a huge relief.

I think all-day kindergarten is a brilliant idea. Ours here is less than 3 hours, it's like glorified preschool.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Hooray for no more boot! Hope your trip works out. We just got home from ours yesterday and luckily the rain and cold held off until the last day.
My daughter goes to all day kinder and we absolutely love it all day - she needs it!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it is still snowing there! I was complaining last night because it was cold outside-here in AZ! I had to wear a jacket! The weather has been so weird-either super hot or cold! I hope it warms up there for you all!:)

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home