My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Recap


This weekend flew by. We left Kearney Saturday morning at about 8:30 a.m. to make the drive to Kansas City for my niece's baptism . It is about a 5 hour drive, so we loaded up the car with treats, movies, games, colors, etc. to make the drive as pleasant as possible. The kids were great, especially Ryan. He is so content to look at his Pokeman cards, color, and watch a movie. Alex was pretty good, but thank goodness for portable DVD players. :)

The kids were so excited to see their baby cousin Aubrey who they had not seen since Christmas. Not being biased, but she is absolutely beautiful and as sweet as can be!! Ryan wanted nothing more than to sit and hold her. It was so cute!


Sunday during the 11:30 mass was the baptism. My sister's church did such a nice job. They had us be a part of the entire Mass. We walked in with Father, he gave Aubrey a little introduction to the congregation. We also carried up the gifts for Communion, and then had the Baptism ceremony. Father did such a nice job of explaining every thing he was doing and its significance since my sister's husband's family, who was also there, is not Catholic. It was a very special ceremony and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it as her godparent.


Matt and Kerri (the other godparents and Craig's sister, Craig and my sister Shannon with Aubrey, me and Jim





Craig, Shannon, and Aubrey with my parents. Aren't my parents so cute! :)



Now I am just trying to get laundry caught up and shake this cold Alex and I have caught. Hopefully tonight I can sit down and catch up on everyone's blogs. It was only a few days, but I don't like missing out. :) Have a great week!

12 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

Wow what a wonderful day for your family. Thanks for sharing those great pictures with us. That baby is so cute!!! Enjoy your day:) PS How is your weather?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Weather is great today! We never did get any snow. It is in the 70's today, but may rain for the next few days.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Looks like a wonderful time for your family! It's always nice to have special occasions go so well.

The pictures are great and the baby really is adorable!

2:12 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

Oh how sweet are those pics! I love them. Thanks so much for sharing...

Sorry you have a cold-- that stinks! I missed you and wondered where you were! (Isn't that funny?)

I am playing catch up too!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Biased or not, that baby is definitely cute. I'm so glad you were able to go and support your sister and be a part of a special event for your niece.

6:40 PM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

Wow, Aubrey is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Almost makes me wish we'd waited even longer to Baptize Donovan, as he'd have probably been very well behaved. (He was fabulous as it was, being baptized at a month old.) Everyone looks so beautiful!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it sounds like a great baptism! it's always so nice when the priest takes the time to make the visiting families feel welcome, and expecially to explain everything!

good luck with the laundry...

6:44 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

What a special day. I love your 1st picture of the cross and your niece is beautiful.

7:04 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

Your neice is DARLING. She actually looks and resembles your kids. Glad you guys were able to attend.

And is that Jim wearing a pink tie!??? I hope you are feeling better today. Are you doing your SPT?? I'll call you later. :)

7:24 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

had to come back and let you know that the cross pic and the rainbow (from the stained glass?) is stunning!

hope you do your spt!! :)

ps- i would love to read the bob woodruff book if you would like to pass it on!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh it sounds like it was a great service!! Aubrey is BEAUTIFUL!!! She looks like she could fit right in with your kids to me!!

That is great your family could all get together for your sister's little girl.

You look great too, by the way!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Jenny- We are amazed by how much Aubrey looks like my kids. Everyone was talking about that this weekend. The SPT is on the way, as soon as naps start. And yes, that's a pink tie. Styling, huh? :)

Carlo- The book is yours!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home