My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bad Blogger

I have been a very bad blogger lately. For some reason lately, I feel that I can barely keep my head above water. Things felt a little out of control, so I had to stop blogging/reading blogs for awhile. But I really missed you all. I realized how much I enjoy everyone's blog and how therapeutic blogging is for me. So I am back! :)

Because of my self-imposed time out with blogging, I missed this week's SPT. I will be there next week.

I did not get a chance yet to post some good mail I received from Amanda. Thank you so much! I am using the fairy poem for a bookmark. I love looking at it everytime I pick up my book.



Friday I went to a Purse Auction for our local SAFE center. This is a place that helps women and children who need a safe place to stay if they are being abused. This organization does so many wonderful things in out community. I was so glad I could help out in some small way. I ended up "winning" this beautiful hot pink purse. I love it! I am so proud of myself for stepping outside myself and getting something other than black. I need to expand my horizons.



Ryan had soccer Saturday morning. It was so incredibly windy. Every time we stood up out chair would blow over. The kids didn't mind though. They had a blast! (Notice the hair in the 2nd picture. It is sticking straight up because of the wind.)


It had been raining nonstop here since early Tuesday morning. We have an area of our yard that likes to flood when we get a ton of rain. It hasn't gotten in our basement yet, but that's only because I have been out there three times with the sump pump to suck water out of the basement window. Not fun! I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want the camera to get wet.

Hopefully now I can get back in the grove of things and keep up on my blogging. Can't wait to read all of yours!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Welcome back. Great pink purse!

12:01 PM  
Blogger donna said...

First let me say I love reading your blog!!!!!


WOW a flood. Oh my, and you have been out there with the sump pump to suck water out of the basement window. What a women you are! I hope it all dries up for you soon.

Purse Auction, How fun! The Safe center sounds like a wonderful place for women and children who need a safe place to stay. I can’t imagine what that might be like being abused. So Sad!!!



Wow sounds like you had very busy week.
Love the pictures.
Have a great day, my friend

12:02 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Awesome purse! What a great thing to get involved with the community in.

I hope you aren't experience problems with the water like last year. Hope you are having a great day. Glad you're back!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

So glad you're back!

Sounds like your spring is like our last winter, different elements every day. You've had snow, rain, wind...hopefully the sun is next!

Love the purse! What a great event.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I think we all need a blogging break sometimes. No worries! :)

I LOVE the pink purse!! It's hard for me to get away from neutral colors too. Good for you, you made a great choice!!

And, I hope your rain lets up soon. Ours did but we are supposed to get a little more tomorrow night into Friday and then maybe 80 by Sat or Sun. So hopefully the warm stuff will be coming to you shortly too!! :)

8:49 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Cool purse and so cool that it goes to a good cause. My sister and I were talking about blogging and she commented that bloggers know some weeks you blog a lot, other weeks you just can't. You go you come back; that's the beauty of this friendship is it's on your terms.
Does Ryan like soccer? Alexis loves it. Good luck with the water! That's scary. Here's hoping you get lots of sunshine. It's on it's way.

10:37 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

awesome purse! what a great auction idea. i love that and hope it raised a ton of money. i know that would be popular around here. i will have to keep it in mind for the groups i work with.

i have bee so busy too and i hate feeling like i can't take time to visit and post. i really do feel sad so i know what you mean when you say how much you missed it.

ps- if it makes you feel any better this "too busy to blog" feeling is all over the place so i think we are not alone.

:) good to hear from you

5:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i've been AWOL with you. i'm trying to ease back in by reading everyones posts that i missed!

welcome back!

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the purse and your son looks adorable playing soccer!:)

I understand about being a bad blogger-I think I am worse than you:) Love reading your blog posts though:)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

I love the pink purse and even more so because you donated to a great cause. I understand about the "too busy to blog" too. I did SPT 2 or 3 times and stopped but stil enjoy reading everyone else's. I just blog when I can!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Give yourself a break with the blog. When it becomes a stress is when you needs a big ol' break.

Although, it is always nice catching up with you as I enjoy getting to know you better through your blog. No pressure though:)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

It's always good to take a break...but we're glad you are back!

Love the purse and the cause you supported! That's a FEEL GOOD purchase and what's so great is you'll think of it everytime you see your sweet hot pink purse!

Thank you so much for the wonderful SURPRISE! Where did that come from? I mean, I had no idea I was even on a good mail list....anyway, I sent a little something-something your way :)

I enjoy your blog, but blogging should never be a chore! ENJOY it, and step away when needed! It's ALL good! ;)

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home