My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Good day, Sunshine!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!


It is FINALLY warm here-82 degrees right now!! I am so happy! I was so very tired of the rain and cold weather. This weekend was absolutely gorgeous. We spent most of the weekend outside. We worked in the yard and had soccer on Saturday. Sunday the neighbors had a barbeque, so we spent many hours over there eating, playing yard games, and just relaxing. We had a great time. The kids were in heaven because the neighbors set up their tent in the backyard. All of the neighborhood kids played in the tent all weekend. I think they only came in for meals and potty breaks.




I was also lucky enough to receive some good mail this weekend.
My sister Erin sent me this sweet little package. I think I have turned her on to the idea of good mail. Now we just have to get her started on a blog.


Rachel sent me this amazing package. The box was decorated so cute! But the inside was fantastic!! She sent me some of here favorite Utah item. My husband is going to be so excited when he sees those cookies. He loves frosted cookies. Her note cracked me up. She said that May 6th is International "No Diet Day", so carb it up, baby! No need to tell me twice to eat carbs. :) Thank you so much Rachel! You made my day extra sunny.


14 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Okay I am drooling over the Grandma Sycamore's bread. Doug's mom always buys that for us when we go home. It is the BEST.

Hurray for sunshine. I wish I could say the same for us. Rats--it's raining!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I found you via the next blogger button and wanted to say I enjoy my stay. Here in VA we are also enjoying a sunny day with temps in the 80's.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Mmm, Grandma Sycamore bread. I love that stuff, but not as much as my cousin, who brings back a loaf in her carry on luggage every time she goes to visit. Lucky you!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Aren't you just loving the warm weather? That good mail makes me smile. I'll have to mark my calender and have a feast on Sunday :).

1:53 PM  
Blogger donna said...

What, Rachel mailed you some yummy cookies and not me, her sister in law. What’s with that? heeheehee ;)


Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I love being outside on warm days.

Enjoy your day and good mail :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love your backyards! Just crazy they are all combined and so awesome you all get along so well!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I just love those outside-all-day kind of days! I'm glad the sun finally made it to Nebraska.

Fun good mail. I have a sister, Erin, too. Love those Utah items!

Still waiting for your 3's...

2:20 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I LOVE grandma sycamore's bread. I literally lived off of it my freshman year of college. The pink cookies are something else too. I used to not be able to finish one. I don't think I'd have that problem anymore:)

Great good mail. And yay for sunshine!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh those cookies DO look good!! YUM!! We are having the SAME weather as you, it's overdue dontcha think?

We had almost the same Saturday that you described with Soccer and yardwork!!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

You are so intuitive! I am going to Chuy's tomorrow!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm happy for you that it has warmed up. You for sure deserve a few sunny days.

Your good mail looks delicious. I love the no carbs comment.

Have a great day.

6:28 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Thanks for the recipe :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm so glad you got the package! I can keep chocolate in the house and not think twice, but that bread can be a little too tempting!
Thank goodness for sunny weather! It makes life so blissful when the kids and their friends can play outside...not to mention sitting out myself and taking it all in! I actually fed Kate rice cereal on our front steps in her bouncy seat, just so I could be outside with the kids!
One of these days, we are going to take our kids to a ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK basketball game, and we'll have to meet up! You are so awesome and I'm so lucky to get to know you through this whole blogging universe! It's great! Happy Day to you! :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

Yay for treats! Cute good mail. Yay for sunshine, too!

Your weekend sounds like it was relaxing and fun. I am finally getting caught up on reading all of my blogs.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home