My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Way to Run, Team Lizzie!

This Sunday was the half marathon. I am proud to say that all of my friends who started the race finished. The weather did not make it easy, though. It was pretty windy at the beginning and raining. The weather did improve and by the time most of them were finishing, the rain had stopped. I loved watching all of them come through the finish line. Some tears were shed at the end since most were running with Lizzie in mind, but the tears weren't all sad tears. I was so honored and proud to be a part of this special moment. The only thing better would have been if I could have run. I will be there next year though. Way to go, my friends! I am so proud of you!


Team Lizzie! We love you Elizabeth!



Molly and Sami getting ready to cross the finish line





Laura, Eric, Sanae, Sami, Trevor, and Molly




Today I received some wonderful good mail.
Carlo sent me a package filled with lots of goodies. Love the photo clips! Thanks so much!!

Natasha sent me this fabulous Mother's Day gift. Your thoughtfulness is so appreciated!

Andrea sent me this adorable card. I love it! I need a stamp like that.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!




Go Spurs Go!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

Wow what a great day. And a very special moment for you, your friends and for Lizzie's family. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Super good mail. I need to get some out. Life is busy. I will soon :)
Have a wonderful day my friend
Donna

5:23 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

great news on the race. it must have been hard for you to watch and not run it but you are right-- next year!

wow, your good mail got there fast! i am glad you liked it! yay for good mail.

love the andrea stamp, too! that is too cute.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Sounds like it turned out to be a great day and very special tribut to Lizzie. So sorry your foot wasn't better in time to run. For sure next year you will have to do it.

7:10 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

What a great group of women. Sorry to hear the weather was yucky. I'll give you a ring tomorrow :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

A bittersweet day I am sure but you will lead the pack next year! Glad the weekend turned out fun for you inspite of your injury.

8:00 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

How touching. Too bad about the weather. How sad you couldn't run with them, but you're right: there will be next year. I think it would be so fun to watch someone come in on a race.
I normally don't ask if people don't post about mail I've sent, but did you receive your t-shirt? I want to make sure it made it to you.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Oh Andrea's stamp on her card is cool!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh, how nice that you could be there to see your friends cross the finish line. I know you wanted to do that so badly!! And you were training so hard!!

Darn it. Looks like you got some fun good mail!! :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

How wonderful that you are all supporting your friend like that. Hope your recovery is going good.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Congratulations to everyone that was able to finish. I'm sure you'll be right in there with them the next time.

Great mail!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you were there to support your friends for such a great cause! I am sure it was hard for you to just watch but I am sure you will be able to do it next year:)

Hope you have a great week:)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle Alley said...

What a great moment for you, friends, and Lizzi's family. What a wonderful to do. It's great you had so much fun doing it and teamed up together to make it an even better moment. And great for all the good mail!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Thanks B for all of my birthday goodies. I love them all and missed not having you at lunch today. But, don't worry I had some creamy jalapeno just for you.

9:15 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

i see i am not the only one not blogging regularly...hope all is well with you and that you are just busy...

:)

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home