My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Slow Moving Friday

Today was a pretty low-key day in our household. Ryan didn't have school, so we hung around the house a bit longer this morning and then went to the gym. We stopped by Target for a few things and then I let (haha) the kids talk me in to driving through McDonald's for lunch. So glad swimsuit season is coming up (insert sarcastic voice here)!

Ryan had a birthday party this afternoon. I offered to watch their 18 month old daughter so they did not have to worry about her at the party. Alex absolutely adores her, so it was easy. She was so good and we really had a nice time. I know we all say this at one time or another, but I really need to remember to get down on the floor and just PLAY with my kids. Time is going by so quickly.




Saturday morning Jim and I will leave to go to Lincoln for the half marathon. I had signed up to do this race back in late January and had started my training, but in March, I got a stress fracture in my tibia. Not fun! I has been a long, slow journey and I still can't run, but hopefully, I can start up again in a couple of weeks. We will be cheering on many friends Sunday morning, but especially my friend Sami. Sami is running in memory of her daughter Lizzie, who passed away from cancer in October. One of our friends had some shirts made up for us spectators, so we will all be there, living life with Lizzie in mind. Please keep all the runners in your thoughts and prayers. Go Team Lizzie!!




Happy Birthday Kelly A.!! Hope you had a fabulous day!

Go Spurs Go!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I need to get down and PLAY more, as well. Thank you for that reminder!

How sad about Lizzie. :( But what a great spirit to carry through a half marathon! I need to get back to training. I injured my ankle a couple of months ago, and just haven't gotten back to working out. There's a 10 mile run next month I was planning on running through Provo Canyon - yikes!
You've inspired meHave a great weekend, sista!

10:06 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Hope you guys have a great time. That is very cool she is running for Lizzie. I hope the weather is nice for you guys.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Sorry you aren't able to run the race but I hope you have a great time!

10:08 PM  
Blogger donna said...

How sad about Lizzie. That is great that you will still go and cheer for you many friends. I hope all have a wonderful time. You can run with me in October.

8:25 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

that is a touching story. I hope the race went ok?

2:49 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get to run in that great race. I really hope your foot heals completely and you can get your game back on.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home