My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Recap

So I don't feel too overwhelmed trying to catch up on everything that has been going on during my absence, I will just give a short overview. I am really excited to catch up on everyone's blog. I missed you all and missed reading about all that's going on with your families. Thanks for the sweet notes and comments. I know it sounds trite, but it made me feel so good to know that people were thinking of me.

*Mother's Day- Jim got up with the kids and I was able to sleep in. So fantastic! The kids (and Jim) gave me a day trip to the spa. What's great about it is that I can use it all at once or split up the 4 treatments. Very excited! We went to church and then my parents and Jim's dad and stepmom came over for barbeque. Please keep Jim's dad in your prayers. He had a kidney transplant last fall and has had a rough go of it. The doctors have decided to put him back on the transplant list and remove the dead kidney. He is now undergoing dialysis. Not much fun!

*Ryan had a end of the year program at his school. His class did such a great job! I really love this age. He just cracks me up on a daily basis.


Ryan singing his song




Ryan with his friend Fritz and Fritz's little sister Elana


*Donna sent me a sweet note that brightened my day. Thanks for thinking of me!

*We are getting a new couch on Thursday. I will post pictures later.

*The kids and I, with my mom, are going to Omaha on Thursday afternoon to see my sister. We are going to go to the zoo, do a little shopping, and eat at P.F. Chang's. Can't wait!

*I have been OK'ed to do some walking on the treadmill and hopefully by the end of next week, some short distance running. I never knew what an ordeal this would be, but I know things could be worse.

I am looking forward to keeping up with my blog and keeping up with yours as well. Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the beginning of summer. Take care!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Glad you're back!

Your Mother's Day gift sounds fabulous!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I've always wished for a spa treatment for a gift but it's such a splurge that I can never actually WISH for it. I'm so glad you were indulged!

I'm glad you got the O.K. for walking. Take care of yourself!

10:32 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I had no idea about Jim's dad. I will for sure add him to our prayers. How awful to be on dialysis. Tell him thanks for the car advice today. It was very helpful. Talk to you soon!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

yay to see you posting. as you know i have been MIA too so i know where you are coming from.

so sorry about jim's dad. how sad! prayers for sure.

6:55 AM  
Blogger donna said...

Gald you are back girl :) Yes for sure jim's dad will be in our prayers.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Glad you are back. I need to catch up on my blog and everyone else's too. This time of year is just crazy!! Not enough time in a day to do all I need to get done.

We will be praying for Jim's dad as well as your family.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey, it's you! So glad to see a post! A very cute little boy you have! A very sweet little face! Sorry to hear about your father-in-law! Good luck with your foot! It's never fun when our bodies quit on us! :)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Glad to see you back too! These few weeks have been hectic here too with end of the year programs, recitals, etc. So sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Welcome back! You've been missed. Our prayers are with your father-in-law.

9:10 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Woohoo on the running! Just don't overdo it (like I tend to do) and keep healthy. Sounds like you have been having a wonderufl month. Wouldn't you rather be out having fun than having time to post about it? Good luck to Jim's dad. Good luck to him and I hope he gets a transplant soon.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Great recap! The spa treatment sounds so awesome and four visits! The gift that keeps on giving.

Congratulations on the ok to exercise. I bet you are relieved.

All the best to your family. I'll be thinking about you guys.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Doodle Bugs said...

congratulations on getting back on the treadmill :o) I hope you get back to running soon.
I will be keeping your father in law in my prayers.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home