My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Has Been Eating Up All My Time This Week

My friend Tanya and I co-chaired our school's annual Book Fair. It was a ton of work, but enjoyable. My friend and I worked very well together, so that made it easy. We set it up last Thursday and then it was open this Monday through Thursday. We did not have to be there the entire time since we had parent volunteers working it, but we were there quite often, answering questions, reordering books, and taking care of the finances. Thank goodness Tanya is a former accountant! She handled all of the bookkeeping and I handled the people. We haven't yet gotten the finally tally, but I think we did really well. Tanya and I have decided to chair it again next year, unless we find out that we really screwed it up. :)





10 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I LOVE book fairs! Best fundraiser ever, but they do look like a lot of work. Good for you!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kim Sue said...

it's nice to have a friend that you work well with...it makes things some much easier and pleasant to tackle!

9:20 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

We had ours this week and I didn't even make it. Bad mom!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I love book fairs but can't imagine being in charge of one! Talk about a time sucker! It looks really well organized, though. I bet you two did a great job.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

I look forward to Luci and Griffin's book fair every year. That helped that you got to do it with a friend, for sure!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

since we just made the switch to public school this year, we are going to our first book fair this friday. i can't wait to see what it's all about.

i hope yours was a huge success!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

You were the book fair mom? Wow. That is a lot of work. I volunteered for ours and was really glad I didn't have to run the whole thing. Good for you for getting involved!

7:48 PM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

I volunteered for the book fair once, too, but I just worked a 2-hour shift. I can't imagine being in charge of it--so much behind-the-scenes work that people probably don't even think about. You go girl! I LOVE volunteering at my kids' school!!!
xoxo
tt

7:34 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That would be my favorite fundraiser. I'm glad it went so well!

6:11 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

oh the bookfair...they are lucky to have you. that is one activity i haven't signed on for, though i do love to shop at ours!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home