My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Missing Teeth

We had quite a rite of passage at our house this weekend. Ryan has had two loose teeth for several weeks but they just didn't want to come out. Finally on Friday evening, when he couldn't eat his Dilly Bar because it hurt too bad, he decided he wanted it out. So Jim got the pliers out and pulled it out. What a brave boy!!





Then Saturday after basketball, the second tooth was pulled as well. It is amazing how much it changes his little face. It makes him look so much older. Oh, how time flies!




I also need to thank Donna, Jenny, and Carlo and my sisters for the wonderful birthday gifts and cards. Thanks for making my birthday special!

14 Comments:

Blogger carlo said...

wow! that was quick! i hope you liked the little giftie. birthday month celebrations are the best! :)

so far i have had to pull 2 of ellie's teeth. one just this afternoon. it makes my knees weak to do it but she was in such pain that i did it each time. yuck.

glad i did not have to use any tools though! :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger donna said...

Hey Jim should be a dentist :)


Yes Ryan was a very brave BOY and very cute!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Yes, he is a brave boy!! My kids wouldn't go for pliers!! :)

What a big milestone!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It makes them look instantly so much older doesn't it?
I am reading Cecilia Ahern's new book. I have enjoyed all her novels.
And the Book Thief.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Definitely a big day for Ryan. Hope all goes well with the Tooth Fairy.

That looks like an Upward uniform? Caleb's playing Upward and it's great.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Oh my, he let his daddy use pliers, that is brave but makes me squeamish!
Thanks for your sweet package - arrived today!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Kim Sue said...

pliers? Carly would see Kenny coming toward her with a papertowel and she would start bargining. If I let you try, can I .....

6:12 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

What a brave guy (and it helps that your hubby has skills with tools and body parts).

He looks adorable!

6:26 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Ah, yes let the awkward years begin. I was so sad that Taylor lost her first when she was 5. My kids would have been FREAKING at those tools.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Wow, Ryan is so brave to let Dad do that! I tried to help my 7 yr old, Austin pull his teeth recently and he wouldn't let me get close to him!

2:04 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

popping in to say HI! hope you are doing well!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love it! My Luke looks exactly th same right now! He lost his first two teeth a week and a half ago! :)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Kim Sue said...

haven't seen you around the blogging world lately - hope all is well.

6:25 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

at this risk of looking stalker-ish, i am posting to say WE MISS YOU!

hope you are terribly busy with wonderful things?

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home