My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Vegas, baby!

Where do I start? We had such a spectacular time in Las Vegas.  It was fun to get away for a few days with my hubby and our friends. They were so easy to be with and we feel so lucky that are our friends.
Friday
*We arrived in Vegas around 9:30 am. It was so nice to get there and have the entire day ahead of us. We were able to check in early to our room at the Wynn, which was so nice. Our friends had gotten there an hour earlier so they came to our room. We had a few drinks (it's five o'clock somewhere) and then went downtown where we had lunch and played video poker. We went back to our rooms late afternoon to take a nap and clean up for dinner and the show.  We went to a great restaurant called Rosemary's and then to the show Zumanity, which was good but completely different than expected.

Here we come Vegas!


Our self portrait!



Dinner at Rosemary's



After the show
Saturday
We had planned on sleeping in but our annnoying loud neighbors woke us up at 5:30 am. Not fun! We got up and had breakfast  at the amazing buffet at the Wynn. Not usually a big buffet fan, but this one was amazing. We played a little video poker and then went to the outlet mall where I got a new Coach purse for my birthday, some jeans, and shoes for my dress that I was wearing that night. We then headed to Bally's to go to The Price Is Right show. I think this was our favorite activity. It is a smaller version of the real show, complete with real Price is Right set from an anniversary show they did. They had Plinko, Hole in One, the little man who climbs up the mountain, and the spinning wheel. The crowd was great and we had such a great time. None of the 4 of us got told to "come on down", but it was so much fun. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Vegas. 
That night we ate a new place called Company American Bistro. It is in the Luxor and is owned by some celebrities such as Nicky Hilton, Nick Lachey, and Wilmer Valderrama. Wow!! It is so yummy!! A must try on a Vegas trip. We then went to the LAX nightclub. It was a once in a lifetime experience. We don't have anything like that in Nebraska. :) We even saw Nick Lachey, Vanessa Minello, and Cris Angel. I am a closet celebrity stalker, so this made me very happy. :)
We got to bed about 2:30 am and had to get up at 7 am for our flight. So tired, but we had such a fantastic time. Thanks Troy and Tammy for a great weekend, and thanks Jim for making the trip possible. 


All dressed up and ready to go!


Jim and I with our friends Troy and Tammy


All of us at LAX Las Vegas


I know, terrible picture, but the guy in white is Nick Lachey


Thanks for all of my birthday wishes. I will be posting about my birthday good mail soon and catching up on all of your blogs. I am watching my one year old niece this week, so things are a little crazy around here. :)

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

happy birthday!

love your stalker photo of nick!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Wow, what a fun trip. It sound exhausting, but in a good way. It's fun to do something so different from your regular life, and you have such nice pictures to go along with it.

Happy Birthday!

9:09 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

That is hilarious that you were stalking the celebrities. SO sneaky! I was secretly hoping for the Cris Angel one to be posted :)

You guys look great in your photos. Impressed that even Jim too the SP shot on the plane. Go Jim!!

Happy Birthday! (I sent your package today)

9:59 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

wahoo!!!!!! glad you had fun.

loving the dresses, lady! :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

So glad you had a good time. When we went last year we stayed at Caesar's Palace. We had a blast but it was all a little overwhelming to me at times. I had the "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" philosophy while in Vegas too. ;)

I'm with Carlo, fun to see your fancy schmancy dresses!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I hope you had a great birthday. How fun to get away alone and meet up with good friends.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

What a great time. I would have been giddy about the celebrity sightings, but you guys are so much hotter than Nick and Vanessa! Happy Birthday!

12:20 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Ok what a cool trip you had. You got to see Nick Lachey. How fun! I am also a celebrity stalker. I would have been in heaven with all those celebrity .

Hello, you got a coach bag. Oh i love my coach bag.
Post a picture of it girl :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Kim Sue said...

Looks like great fun! Glad you had a happening birthday trip. Happy Birthday!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I love those dresses that you wore in Vegas! You look so gorgeous in them!! Sounds like it was a great trip!!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Our time spent in Vegas is night and day. Could be that I'm not out there looking fabulous in shimmery tops though. That looks like half the fun:)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

What a fun trip. Thanks for the recap. I love vacations that are FULL of fun, food, etc. Don't waste one minute, that's my theory.

I love the photos of you all dressed up, you guys look great. What's with the people waking you up at 5:30 am? Who gets up at that time in Vegas? Isn't that when everyone goes to bed?!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home