My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

From Sesame Street to the Strip

On Wednesday, Alex and I had a girls' day out and went to a performance of "Sesame Street Live- When Elmo Grows Up". We had such a great time! The characters were great- straight out of the tv show. Alex doesn't watch a whole lot of Sesame Street any more, but she still loves Elmo and was always worried whenever he left the stage. She also liked Abby Kadabby (sp?). She is still afraid of an "mascot" type things, so she freaked a little when they left the stage to go see the children. Thank goodness we were a couple rows up and they stayed on the floor. We might have had to leave, the poor thing. 


Alex showing off her blue slushie lips


Elmo's World, complete with Dorothy and Computer

Abby Kadabby



Jim and I are spending the evening packing for our trip to Vegas. We are leaving early in the morning, so we are trying to get a much done now so we don't have to get up an earlier than necessary. We are very excited!!! It will be a short (Friday-Sunday), but sweet trip. We are going with another couple, our friends, the Kluthe's. We really haven't been on a trip before with friends, so we are really looking forward to it. I know a lot of people think all there is to do in Vegas is gamble and drink. But there are so many more fabulous things to do. First, there are so amazing, award winning restaurants. I love going to nice, grown-up  places and having long, leisurely meals. We have reservations at Rosemary's and Company American Bistro. Can't wait!! There are also a ton of wonderful shows to choose from and great shopping. We are staying at the beautiful Wynn hotel, which makes it that more enjoyable.  This is kind of my birthday present so I plan on making the most of it. :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will catch up with you all when I get back.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kim Sue said...

HAVE FUN!!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

We went to Vegas a year ago and had a great time.
Love your title!

12:02 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I hope you are having the time of your life!! Your birthday present will be a little late, but will get there later this week!

Call me when you have a second. Happy early Birthday friend!! (well tomorrow--monday ;)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Can't wait to hear how your trip went. I completely agree with your long leisurely meals sentiment. Sounds like a great get-away.

And what a fun date for Alex!

6:54 PM  
Blogger donna said...

It looks like you all a fun time at esame Street Live- When Elmo Grows Up".

Have fun in Vegas. I have been trying to get Ryan to take me to Vegas. Take lots of pictures.

Oh when is your B-day girl?????????

11:13 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

My birthday is today (Monday)! :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Happy Birthday, Bridget!! I have enjoyed getting to know you this past year! I hope you know I think you are WONDERFUL!!

And, I agree with what Jenny said on pretty much everything as far as I know you so far. But yes, you are very photogenic!! And your kids are absolute cutie pies, could NOT be any cuter!!!

I hope you have a great day! And I saw your comment on Jenny's blog about your weight watchers lunch and I had to smile -- I had Progresso's 0 point Vegetable and Rice Soup for lunch and a .5 slice of toast. It's nice to know we're both in this together, right?!! :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger donna said...

HAPPY B-day :)!!!!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Doodle Bugs said...

HappY Happy Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Happy B'day!

5:05 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

happy birthday Bridget!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful!!!!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Happy Birthday Bridget! I hope you are having a wonderful time with your husband and friends in Vegas!!!

10:34 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

i have never been to the Strip but I HAVE been to S.S. Live!! :)

Glad your bday was awesome!

And THANK YOU so much for the awesome orange notebook and treats. You are so sweet. You know orange is my fave so I am thinking of something really special for it... thanks for making me smile

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home