My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Quiet Time Needed

I posted this picture of my children to remind myself just how sweet and cute my children are and how I need to stop being such a witch to them. For some reason, for the last few days, my nerves have been shot. Every little, tiny thing they do is bugging the crap out of me. From where they leave their coats and shoes (on the floor), to their arguing (constanly), to the way they cough (I know, I'm a bad, bad mom). I think we have had a lot of family togetherness this break. I feel bad, but I am ready for school to start. My children and I thrive off routines and long breaks throw us off. How do you all with more than 2 children do it? Sorry to those of you reading this that don't drink, but I am ready for a glass of wine (and a hot bath). I have already put my children to bed so I can't be crabby to them any longer today. Hopefully venting will make our day better tomorrow. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger sue p. said...

ok - just because you're having an "off" day doesn't mean that you're a bad mom! You are a great Mom and wife (daughter, too, for that matter) It is always easier when the kids can get outside to play and wear off some of their energy. So it's harder in the winter. Maybe the break in the weather the next couple of days will help some. And so will your "weekend break" to Vegas.....Just don't ever doubt yourself - you are a wonderful Mom.
Love ya lots
Mom
xxxooo

7:40 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I think we ALL have days like this. And I am sure by now Angie would really like a glass of wine if she could have it :)

I often get annoyed at my kids as well. Just think a few more days and you will be in Vegas!! You are a great mom--don't ever think other wise!

Oh, and as I am typing on Mitch and Steph's ancient computer--some things never change :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Oh I could go for a glass of wine and a hot bath at the end of lots of days!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I have felt much the same way, lately. I think it's post holiday crash! I don't drink, but I can't tell you how many times a week I tease my hubby that I am in need a "drink" - something STRONG!

I'm with Jenny, don't beat yourself up for being human! You ARE a great mom!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Yes, it's good to hear that other moms feel that way sometimes too! I think we all have our days whether we have one child or ten (though I don't' know how those with ten do it!!) My max right now is 3 :-) Hope that things are better now that you're in the routine and the kids are back to school. We need our alone time, don't we?

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home