My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Productive Day

We got so much done around our house today. Everyone was feeling better (R and A were sick and I hurt my neck/back) and we were taking down Christmas decorations, so we decided it was time for a "winter" cleaning of our house. Jim tackled his office and I did the storage room and closets and finished up Ryan's room. I cannot believe the amount of stuff we got rid of. The back of my van is full and I have more items that did not fit. I will need to make two trips to Goodwill and Salvation Army. The playroom is not finished, but it is coming along. I have already taken 2 boxes of toys out of there. What in the world!?! I love having everything all neat and organized. Jenny C. would be so proud! 
**What did you do today?** 

9 Comments:

Blogger Natasha said...

Yay for you! That is a lot of organizing. We took the tree down early - Christmas night - and I did some cleaning out then too.
Today we just had fun.

6:30 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

that is fab!!!! i love to get rid of stuff, especially the stuff that i know can be reused. great feeling.

you are making progress

12:25 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am SOO glad you guys are on the mends and you are feeling better. You have to get well before your big Birthday trip!!

What chairs did you get rid of? They look nearly new--umm you could have given those to me :)

7:48 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Have you figured out the computer yet?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

The chairs may have looked good in the pic but they were beat up and gross.

Computer is coming along. Will try a post tomorrow with more pics and see if I can figure it our.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh Yeah! I feel 20 pounds lighter just looking at the back of your van.

I did the same thing the week before our trip. So much I had on my list to do but one day I couldn't take it anymore and I purged the upstairs.

A great way to start the New Year!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Isn't dejunking the BEST feeling? I don't know why I can hardly motivate myself to do it though? Probably because it's a ton of work!! Good for you guys!!!!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Don't you love it? I've been doing the same (now is the time to buy storage containers-sale) and going crazy with labels! So nice!

2:24 PM  
Blogger donna said...

What a day you had :)!!! I need to do some organizing.

Today i took down all the Christmas decorations and went over to my in laws. It was my father in law's b-day :)

I hope you had a wonderful new year!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home