My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Assistance Needed


Okay all you creative ladies out there. I need your help. Several of my friends are running in the Denver Marathon/Half Marathon this weekend. I want to give them a little something. They are all running in honor of Lizzie. The Denver ABC station is actually going to interview my friends Sami and Joe and some of the members of Team Lizzie. I thought about printing out pictures of the one above, putting them in a frame, and tying a rainbow ribbon around them (rainbows were a favorite of Lizzie's). What do you think? Any other ideas? They leave on Friday AM, so I have to get cracking. Nothing like leaving it till the end. :)

13 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

What about including a water bottle, and a power bar, with a pair of socks or something
wrapped up with a ribbon for good luck. You could also include the logo for the gift tag.

I can't believe they are already running another marathon. That's awesome!

6:40 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Hey a water bottle is a great idea.

Are you running ??????

7:02 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

No I am not running. My foot bothers me off and on so I just stick with shorter distances. Way to go Donna on the 12 mile run!!! :)

5:15 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

love jenny's idea of the package and what about taking jelly belly sport beans in different flavors (open the packs and combine them) so they would be rainbow bags of the sport beans?

5:46 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Love it!!! Thanks Carlo!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Well looks like you have some good ideas. Do you need me to deliver something to them for you since I live here in Denver?

You're such a supportive friend to them!!! Good Luck Team Lizzie!!!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Thanks so much Kari! I think I've got it covered. Maybe next year I will road trip with them and we can meet.:)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I have no ideas, because when it comes to creative ideas, I am a vacant space, but wanted to wish you good luck and have fun!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I meant, good luck coming up with something. What a great cause. I remember how much she and this cause means to you.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm a little slow on reading this post, but it looks like you got some great ideas! What a sweet little face Lizzy had, and such a heartbreaking story. I love the wya her memory is being preserved!

6:51 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

so how did it go? so interested!

hope it went well.

8:33 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

popping over to say hi! hope things are going well.

4:11 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

hope the race went well for your friends.

thanks for your kind note - so nice! it made my day!!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home