My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Kindergarten Here We Come!


Today was Ryan's 1st day of Kindergarten. It went great! I did good as well, no tears. I did have dreams all night last night that it was my first day of school and everything went wrong, but every thing was great this morning. He went right in, hung his backpack up, and went to watch the hermit crabs. We got some pictures, but he wasn't too keen on that process. He has half days for the next 6 days and then moves to all day. Ryan said he liked it and wants to go all day because they will then have 3 recesses. Too cute!

8 Comments:

Blogger Natasha said...

What a cutie on his 1st day of school! Glad it wasn't traumatic for you either

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Way to go Ryan, and tearless Mom! Starting the year half day and progressing to full is just brilliant. I sounds like it will be a great year!

2:12 PM  
Blogger donna said...

OH how cute. The frist day is always so much fun. Love his backpack :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

He looks so grown up and what a doll! Glad to hear it went well, that always makes life easier on mom. :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

What a big day for him! I'm always sad when the school year starts. It makes us all a little anxious and it's so hard to watch the kids grow up.

Hope it's a great kindergarten year.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I totally remember the first day of Kindergarten. I didn't cry, but my heart still did a big lurch leaving him in that classroom. Bridget, you've arrived!

I hope he has a GREAT year!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Such a BIG step, Kindergarten is! I'm glad you both handled it well!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Doodle Bugs said...

He is TOO cute!! I am glad he had a good 1st day!! Makes going back.. alot more easier! I hope you had a fabulous summer!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home