My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Golfing in Cali

It's me! I'm back! (I am sure you were waiting on pins and needles for me to return, weren't you.) I'm not sure why I was away for so long; I guess I really have no good reason other than life. I don't know where to begin so I will just start with the present.


Jim and I just recently returned from our trip to California. We attended a golf school at Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach. It was so much fun! We played tons of golf. We were going from morning to night. We didn't get a chance to do much site seeing, but did get to eat at some wonderful restaurants in Monterey. But really, isn't that what vacations are all about, the food?!

Jim and I with our golf instructor Bob



The highlight of the trip was getting to golf at Spyglass Hill in Pebble Beach. It is one of the top ranked golf courses in the US and has to be one of THE most beautiful courses anywhere. Several holes are along the coast of the Pacific Ocean. It was amazing! I even pared a hole, which is even more amazing than the scenery. :)





Another highlight: 17 mile drive at sunset. Gorgeous!!



It was great to get away with Jim. We had so much fun! Thanks babe for a wonderful trip. Can't wait for the next one!

5 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

Welcome back girl!!!! I was just about to email you!!!!
Wow what a wonderful trip. Golfing at Spyglass Hill in Pebble Beach. How cool is that.

The pictures are great.

5:05 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Those photos are gorgeous. I am glad you guys had a great time. And impressed you even convinced Jim to get a massage. Maybe next time a pedicure?? :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

The pictures are amazing! I am so glad you had a great time. I am not a golfer but your pictures make me wish I was! I love the 17 mile drive!!

Welcome back!

6:05 PM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

Glad to see you're back--looks like it was a great trip!
Time's gotten away from us, hasn't it? This is the girls' last week off before school starts, and we're pretty much busy all week. Drat! Hope we can see you sometime soon--Columbus wasn't long enough!

11:40 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

wow! your pics are fab! i am still getting caught up on my fave blogs and loving your adventure in Cali.

I adore "couples trips" and firmly believe in them. Scott and I try to go away for a long weekend a couple times each year.

Oh and some day I want to try golfing-- your pics made me want to try sooner!

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home