My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

SPT- What's in Your Bag?

I love purses! When Jim and I were first married and did not have children, buying purses was my favorite thing to spend my money on. Obviously I was not able to keep this up once we had children, I quit teaching, and Jim started residency. Then for awhile I was only able to carry diaper bags. Even though that was not that long ago, there are much more cuter diaper bags out there now than 6 years ago. Now that I am free of diaper bags, I have enjoyed being able to use cute little purses again. These 2 are what I am using this summer. The brown and white one is a Target find. I love it! It has plenty of pockets and space for goodies, but is not too big. And for under $40, you can't beat it. The hot pink one is the purse I purchased at a charity auction.
I really like it because it is unlike anything I have ever had before. I usually choose black or brown so it was nice to do something different.


This is what was in my 2 purses. What the heck?!? How embarrassing! I think I have a major issue with lip gloss. (If you haven't tried the new glosses at Bath and Body Works, you must. They are delicious!) At least this forced me to clean out my purses. I have NO idea where those 2 plastic insects came from. Weird.


**What do you have in your bag?**

11 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

I knew we could be friends forever ;) I also love purses. I also love to spend money on
purses :)

Oh I love your PINK purse. OH so cute...

Lip gloss from Bath and Body Works are great. I think I mailed some out for “Good Mail” a few months ago.
Have a great day :)

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A think for lip glosses and crystal light? That is too funny. Hey you never know when you need a plastic spider eh?

I LOVE that pink purse and the brown one is cute too. I am a fan of lip gloss as well. That sounds kinda 80's.

jen ")

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i meant thing.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Pens and lip gloss, eh? I know what to send you!:)

cute bags!

3:27 PM  
Blogger SHERI said...

Thats funny- I found some things at the bottom of my purse that I wasn't sure where they came from either. I'll have to try that lipgloss!

5:19 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

It's always amazing to clean out your purse and find strange wonders inside. Gratefully I had spilt something in my purse two weeks ago so it was nice and clean for my spt.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What cute purses! I am in dire need of a purse makeover! I am going to have to get me some of those Bath and Body Works lipglosses! I, too, LOVE lip gloss! I like the little bugs...looks like something I'd find in my own purse. :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i've been noticing a startling lip gloss thing-y going on amongst the bloggers!!

cute purses - and i'm so glad to see some blogging goin' on around here!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

oh my goodness! That was a ton of lip gloss. You must have the softest lips in town!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

I love your pink purse - I remember when you posted about it last time. And the Target purse to - I usually find lots of goodies there too!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I don't buy lots of purses, but I enjoy what's inside everyone's bags. No wonder you've got a thing with those Lipalicious lip glosses, they're fabulous. A fellow blogger (Melinda) sent me the limeade flavor and I love it! I keep it by the computer actually so I'm usually glossy and lime-o-rific whenever I post.

That pink purse is super cute!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home