My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Changes

Okay, so what I am going to blog about is not as dramatic or important as the title sounds, but I've been a little low on blogging ideas lately. The "changes" are things that we have done to our house lately.
First, we recently got a new couch. Our other couch was nice enough, but oh so small, almost more of a love seat. You really couldn't even lay down on it without your feet hanging over the edge. What good is a couch if you can't lay down on it and be comfortable? Our friends have a couch that we loved. Nice and big (but not too big) and very comfy. We looked around a lot, but just could not find anything that we liked better. So we just came out and asked them if they would mind. They didn't and so a week ago our new couch arrived. We love it! It is a little "poofy", but not too bad and it is so comfy. Mission accomplished!





Next on the list: we rearranged our bedroom. I don't know why we didn't arrange it like this in the first place. There is so much more room and looks so bigger. We still need to more some pictures around, but we haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Before

After




Lastly, we had some landscaping done in our backyard. Last year we had some water in our basement due to some heavy rainfalls and the soil settling. We didn't want to mess with that again, so we had some guys come out and do some work. They were very good and I think it looks so nice now.



Jim's mom and stepdad, who live in Texas, are here. We will all be going up to Calumus Lake for a family reunion. Jim's brother's family, who life in Chicago are coming as well. The kids are SO excited. It should be a good time. I will report back later. Have a great weekend!!


Oh my gosh!! I forgot to add....

GO SPURS GO

11 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

Wow you have been busy girl. I love your new couch. We are going couch shopping this weekend. We need to get a new couch for the family room and then move the old couch upstairs in the game and TV room of the new house. I wish I had some of my blog friends to help me Decorate my new house. I need help :)

Have fun the weekend girl. Your house and yard looks great. We need to talk on the phone sometime girl :)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Anytime!!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

Hi, girl! I have been AWFUL about reading your blog, as well as updating my own. Finally did today and will read more of yours. I love how you have the blinds shut in the "before" picture of your bedroom, and open in the "after. Helps make the "after" look better. Like makeover pictures. "Before" they're always sad looking, and "after", they're always so cheerful! Miss you--let's get together soon, 'kay? -tt

2:22 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Fun to see your changes. Thanks for posting pics!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I love getting new furniture and rearranging. When Randy and I were first married and had our little apartment I used to rearrange constantly, it was almost a joke. I think I was so giddy to have our own place that I kept trying all the possibilities. Now our house is so small and we have lots of stuff so it's much harder to rearrange so I hardly ever do it. Bummer.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Love the new look. I have to say I love your bed. I'm on the hunt for one (our first). We have only had the mattresses and frame our entire marriage. But, with a new house is the works, we are on the lookout for lots of stuff. Not sure if we can afford it, but it is nice to dream about it.

Love the couch, too.

Go Spurs Go.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

The landscape looks awesome!

You guys are whirlwind travelers! Is there ever a month you stay home? Live it up!

8:36 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Isn't it amazing what moving your bed will do for a room? It all looks so great. The question is who will get the automen? The yard is like night and day...it really looks great. Have a fun weekend.

Sorry I didn't call you back-it's a bit crazy. I will call you after the company leaves :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Love all the changes! The couch is great. We have a leather sectional that we consider to be our best furniture purchase ever, I'm sure you'll love yours.

Have a great time at your family reunion!

11:16 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

You're making me want a new couch :). I love the brown trim in your room. And your landscaping looks fabulous, and so week free!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Love the new couch and the bedroom layout and the new yard stuff! I'll bet it feels so nice to have this done!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home