My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Calamus Fishing Trip

We had such a nice time this weekend on our fishing trip. I am not much of a fishing girl, but I do enjoy going out on the boat and just relaxing with my family. The fish were not biting very much, but each kid caught a small perch (which had to be thrown back in) so they were satisfied. They were the only ones on our boat that caught anything and they were fishing with a Scooby Doo and a purple kids fishing pole. Pretty funny. The best part of the weekend was spending so much time with the grandparents. My kids were in hog heaven! They are so spoiled by their grandparents, but in a good way. One of them is always up for some cuddling!





The place we stayed at, Calamus Outfitters, was great. Very laid back and casual, but clean with plenty of room. The adult siblings all stayed in the lodge, which had 7 or 8 bedrooms, a kitchen, large eating and living areas, and a great deck and lawn for hanging out in. There was even a pit for a bonfire and marshmallow roasting. The younger kids stayed in the "outhouses". They were very small but clean (which is all that mattered to me). Considering that most of our time was spent on the lake or in the lodge with everyone else, the cabins were fine.

Our "outhouse"


The lodge area was complete with a working ranch so there were all sort of animals to see. Horses, calves, kitties, donkeys and a few dogs were all on the property. It was a lot of fun!


It is now 7:30 and both kids are sleeping. I am off to watch the Spurs. Have a great night!

GO SPURS GO!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

What an incredible place to stay! Good famly times! Enjoy it, girl!

8:33 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

So who got the top bunk you or Jim? Looks like a great getaway for family. Talk to you soon :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

It looks like a blast! Time on a boat is time on a boat! The grandparents sound awesome too. Your parents or Jim's?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Lucy- It was Jim's mom and stepdad.
Jenny- I made Jim sleep in top bunk. The kids wanted to be on the bottom. Weird.

11:22 AM  
Blogger donna said...

How cool!
What great family time. SO fun!!!!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Oh my kids would love the bunk beds and animals! I'm with you on the clean bathrms - a must!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Looks awesome! Lucky kids. I like perfecting my tan instead of fishing too.

How we wish we were going to Omaha. Just not fitting into the schedule, but we talked about it and I had you on the Pro side of our list of reasons to go!

5:45 PM  
Blogger annalisa said...

I'm not a fishing girl either, but can I come on your outings with you? Those cabins look very clean. Brett's family is big into fishing, but not into cleanliness. Going on fishing outings with them and watching my nephews get lake water and fish guts over everything on the boat and themselves and then sprawl out on the couch, it's all I can do not to wrap myself up in a cleanliness bubble. I think I'd put up a fight for the bottom bunk.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is a great looking place! sounds like an awesome family vacation.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Looks like fun!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

wow=ellie loved the animal pics.

what a fun family trip

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home