My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Couple of Firsts


*Today was Alex's first day of Preschool. She is such a little social butterfly that I knew she would have no trouble with going to school and me leaving. She didn't disappoint! She had so much fun and enjoyed being such a big kid. We had a hour from when we dropped Ryan off at school and when her school started. It was pure torture for her! Every ten minutes, "When is it time for MY school?". I am so happy that she loved her teacher and played nicely with the other children. Isn't that what Preschool is all about at 3 years old?


*After I dropped Alex off, my friend Karen and I went golfing (her little girl is in the same class as Alex). I felt like I was playing hooky from my job, which I guess I was. It was a beautiful morning! I actually played well and we were able to get 9 holes completed in an hour and 45 minutes.

*We took Ryan's training wheels off last weekend and he took to it like a champ. I know some kids do it much earlier, but he didn't show any interest in taking them off and I didn't think there was any rush. I'm glad we waited. He had no problems! Jim helped him the first few times then he was off. He has yet to have a fall (knock on wood).


Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day! Look forward to catching up soon.

17 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Ms. Alex looks so cute. I am actually wishing I put Luke in more days a week, he looks forward to preschool more than I thought.

Way to go Ryan! Jared did that same thing, he asked and then took off. We took off Luke's the other day and he totally chickened out. It was pretty funny. He said, not until I'm 5! Yeah right.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Golfing? That's so rad! I have a set of clubs collecting dust in our garage! My hubby is a huge golfer and is always trying to get me out. It's the whole 4 kids thing that gives me an excuse. I'm impressed you were able to get 9 holes in while she was in school! She looks so dang cute posing, like her gorgeous mommy! :)

It's so cool when they figure out a two wheeler! My oldest didn't do it until 6, while our second son was cruising at 4. Each kid is different and you were right to think, "what's the rush?" Don't we rush way too much through life, and for what purpose? Hmmm... You're a wise mother!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Thanks Rachel! You're my new best friend! :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

what fun! i dropped off ellie and headed straight for starbucks to meet a friend. it was fab!

glad your firsts are so exciting!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Beautiful Alex. Can you bleieve our little girls are old enough fro preschool? Maryn loves UUMC and has the same teacher Maci had there.

Way to go Ryan. Maci just decided one day last year (during Kinder) that it was time she tried it and she took off the first time and has been a pro ever since!! I think all kids do things at their on pace and we shouldn't rush them. I learned that the hard way with Maci and potty training.

12:17 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Wow way to go girl. I can't golf at all. SO sad! :(
Way to go Ryan :)!!!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh the first bike ride! That is great Ryan did so well! My little Rilyn has already gotten a skinned elbow from her first fall riding without training wheels. Hopefully she'll get the hang like Ryan did!!

And that is so great Alex is loving preschool!!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! It is great that she is such a social butterfly-I was a little bit shy at preschool and cried almost everyday! She is adorable!

Enjoy your days off-you deserve it! I need to learn how to golf-what a fun hobby to have with friends:)

As Jenny told you, Luke was not ready for his training wheels to come off, but of course, he is only 4, but he asked Doug to take them off and then changed his mind-he is a character:) Good job Ryan-how exciting!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I can't get over how cute Alex is in every picture. Perfect little blonde hair in the bow! A happy first day is such a great start! Good for her.

And good for you playing hookey. I love it. I'm a movie in the middle of the day girl myself.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

That picture of Alex up close is absolutly gorgeous! My son started the 3 yr. old class here. Congrats to the 2-wheel bicycler!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

It's kinda sad to see our kids grow up but the firsts are definitely exciting!

Alex is so cute, she could be a model! You need to post some pictures of her in her game-day clothes. She has them, right?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Your no training wheels story is a lot better than ours. We traumatized Seth for a good year by doing it too soon on a bike that was too big for him. Poor oldest child. I'm glad Ryan did so well!

Alex is adorable and I'm so glad she's enjoying preschool. Sammy would be loving it. Sigh. No golfing for me. Oh wait...yeah...it wouldn't have happened either way:)

9:08 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

Alex looks adorable for school. That is so fun that you got to go golfing.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

That's awesome that Ryan can ride without training wheels. My brother tried to teach Luci, but had no success. I guess she's not ready yet, but I keep picturing her as an adult with training wheels on her bike!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Doodle Bugs said...

How cute!! I hope Alex loves preschool and yep.. getting along with friends and thinnking your teacher is the BEST is pretty much what makes it great for her :o)

4:15 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

just popping by to see if you are doing ok. just busy i am sure but wanted you to know i am thinking about you!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Bond Girl 007 said...

just visiting Jill's friends from her sidebar...cute little girl and how exciting to go to preeschool and your little boy...I feel ashamed, i have a 4 year old that thinks a tricycle is hard to pedal uphill....oh no

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home